Consumer Credit Analyst Job Opportunities – KCB Bank
Organisation: KCB Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Manager
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Consumer Credit Analyst manages the lending risk for KCB bank Uganda, through credit analysis in accordance with the Bank’s lending policies, BOU Prudential Guidelines and best practice to achieve quality growth in the asset book in line with the strategic plans
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality assessment and prudent decisions on Personal loans, SME, Asset Based Finance, Agriculture, Trade finance loans and overdraft applications within lending discretionary limit and /or making recommendations to higher approving authority
- Compliance with target turnaround time and the agreed service level agreement(SLA)
- Provide input in the development, implementation, review of and compliance with the banks credit policies and to also adhere to best practices and BOU prudential regulations, authority, for amounts exceeding delegated limits
- Review performance of any approved limits
- Provide prompt guidance, mentoring, coaching and support on all aspects of credit as and when required.
- Identify training needs for staff dealing with Credit related issues.
- Promptly address all issues concerning Asset Based Finance, Agriculture, Trade finance SME loans and ODs raised in the Credit Audit Reports within the stipulated period after date of receipt of Audit Report
- Provide guidance and control as per policy requirement on credit risk aspects of Personal loans, SME, Asset Based Finance, Agriculture, Trade finance loans and overdraft credit assets and activities to ensure that the group achieves its financial business development and service targets.
- To play a role in the communication of changes in credit policy and procedures.
- Review of applications that have gone bad and identify areas that were over looked, so that such areas are made point of future references or even forming part of future credit policy amendments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the KCB Bank Consumer Credit Analyst job must hold a University degree preferably in Economics, Business, Statistics or related business field; Credit Certification.
- Master’s Degree is an Added Advantage.
- At least four (4) years’ experience including 3 years in Credit Analysis on consumer and SME products.
- Knowledge of Banking Operations/Credit Processes
- General Banking Knowledge.
- Analytical and Critical Thinker.
- Passion for Performance.
- Self – Drive, Flexibility, Focus and attention to detail.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 6th March 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE