Coordinator Law Enforcement Job Careers – National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Organization: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Natural Forests Management
The National Forestry Authority (NFA) is a Government agency established under the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, 2003 as a corporate body responsible for sustainable development and management of Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) and provision of technical support to stakeholders in the forestry sub-sector. NFA’s vision is “A sufficiently forested, ecologically stable and economically prosperous Uganda”, while its Mission is “To manage Central Forest Reserves on a sustainable basis and to supply high quality forestry- related products and services to Government, local communities and the private sector”.
Job Summary: The Coordinator Law Enforcement will be responsible for monitoring field activities across the Central Forest Reserves to ensure that legal, technical, ethical standards are observed according to the set specifications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement mechanisms for coordinating law enforcement and Forestry governance among the responsible bodies.
- Develop mechanisms and procedures for verifying the chain of custody for forest products.
- Implement public education and awareness programmes on the chain of custody procedures.
- Ensure the physical integrity of Central Forest Reserves by monitoring and preventing encroachment and other illegal activities.
- Provide evidence based site specific reports to the Legal Manager and other staff to facilitate, prosecution of cases in courts of law.
- Liaise with other law enforcement agencies to ensure compliance with all relevant laws.
- Develop annual work plans and budgets for the law enforcement unit of the NFA.
- Manage and administer human, financial and other resources under the unit.
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc reports on law enforcement and governance.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Forestry Authority (NFA) Coordinator Law Enforcement job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) in Forestry or any other related fields
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar or related position, three of which should have been at supervisory level.
- Basic knowledge in environmental law.
- Report writing.
- Planning and organizing.
- Project management and implementation.
- Communication, networking and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, three referees with their full postal address, e-mail and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below. Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Forestry Authority,
Plot10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 70863, Kampala. Uganda
Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414 -360400
Deadline: 17th January 2020