Corporate Communications Officer Job Opportunities – Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Organisation: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Corporate Communications Manager
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) was established by an Act of Parliament 1991 and amended in 1994, Cap. 325 under the laws of the Republic of Uganda. UCDA is established as a public Authority and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling the quality and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Job Summary: The Corporate Communications Officer will implement UCDA communication policies and procedures that represent its corporate identity, and promote and support its mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation of UCDA quarterly newsletters and annual reports by collecting articles, stories, photos from Staff and Partners, and continuously innovate to keep the newsletters and reports relevant and informative.
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase the Authority’s visibility among stakeholders.
- Coordinate the use of social media by UCDA on a regular basis and for specific events (twitter, facebook, etc) including message development and social media content creation.
- Ensure that the UCDA website is regularly updated with latest materials, information and events, and check and respond to posts / information and questions received through the website.
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players.
- Participate in the planning, organization and reporting on key events such as coffee promotion expos, international coffee day, and lead on all aspects of visibility, communication and potential media engagements for such events.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports in line with the set policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) Corporate Communications Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree (hons) in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- At least four (4) years working experience in a similar position in a reputable organization.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms, and proven social media and networking expertise.
- Very good knowledge of Information Communication Technology and social media.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ability to use tact and professionalism including in times of extreme stress.
- A portfolio of work available for review
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 20th January 2020