Corporate Finance and Strategy Officer Job Careers – Tugende
Job Title: Corporate Finance and Strategy Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Tugende is a technology enabled asset finance company. We provide an affordable path to ownership of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs. Our primary product is a lease to own motorcycle financing package which includes training, life and health insurance, and active support. Tugende currently serves over 8,500 active customers in Uganda through 190+ employees across 9 branches, and 6,000+ additional customers have already taken ownership. With a market for motorcycle taxis of over 800,000 drivers in East Africa alone, Tugende is expanding rapidly in our core product. We are also building a platform with our staff, branches, data, systems, and deep knowledge of earners in the informal sector, which will easily enable us to expand into other asset finance and value added services offerings in the near future.
Job Summary: Tugende’s ongoing rapid growth requires capital intensive fundraising as well as a strong finance department to support financial reporting, internal analysis and investor relations. Tugende is looking to strengthen the team with a lead Corporate Finance Officer to undertake financial analysis & research, assist with fundraising and help provide sound portfolio management. The Officer will provide data,information and reports for strategic and tactical decision making processes at Tugende. The key functions for this Corporate Finance and Strategy Officer will mainly include;
- Business Performance analysis and assessing mid to long term funding needs for Tugende.
- Presenting a consistent investor value proposition to Tugende’s investment community.
- Managing, monitoring and presenting a relevant summary of investor feedback regarding Tugende’s performance to the Senior Management Team.
- Research and analysis of relevant market trends and financials.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the CFO to monitor and evaluate the organization’s short and long-term sources of funds and advice on capital structuring
- Assess and monitor project funding requirements/forecasts in line with Tugende’s strategic plans
- Coordinate the development of Tugende’s long term financial planning strategies, modelling and monitoring
- Ensure compliance with equity and debt holders covenants
- Prepare for and participate in fundraising negotiations and managing the onsite and offsite due diligence reviews
- Prepare prospectuses for fundraising (capital and debt).
- Undertake financial modelling and analysis relating to financing and investing activities.
- Provide investment advice, tactics and recommendations.
- Liaise with the CFO to assess and predict financial risks and returns.
- Monitor ongoing lease costs and associated returns; conduct analysis and provide recommendations on any pricing adjustments, if necessary
- Support senior management and other departments (operations, special projects) with analysis, research and information requested for their projects, reports and presentations;
- Lead the creation of presentations, and other communication materials for earnings, events, and presentations to investors;
- Develop Investor Relations functions including expanding and managing investor targeting and tracking systems;
- Develop and maintain the Investor Relations section of the Tugende’s external website;
- Manage the preparations for all the “road shows”, investor conferences both domestically and internationally, both on-site and off-site;
- Coordinate onsite and offsite due diligence with investors, including information requests and logistics.
- Provide regular feedback to management and other stakeholders on investment/analyst community perceptions of Tugende, their concerns, and investment criteria.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business Administration.
- Professional qualification ACCA, CPA or CFA, or MBA/similar.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in investment banking or corporate finance environment
- Proficiency in accounting software and all Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint; Excel and PowerPoint proficiency essential
- An excellent communicator, passionate educator and strong financial analysis
- Prior financial forecasting and reporting experience
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Financial modeling experience and understanding of financial statements
- Ability to communicate and engage externally to represent Tugende and generate investor interest
- Ability to partner closely with internal and external stakeholders, providing a dependable presence to move forward complex projects and ideas
- Soft skills that align with Tugende core values
The preferred candidate must be willing and ready to embrace our shared values at Tugende as a whole:
- We operate with empathy and understanding for everyone (Including; Coach and cheerleader, Dignity, Highly approachable, and Exceptional customer experience; prioritize the customer’s experience)
- We are solutions-oriented (Including; Courage, Being proactive, Operational excellence, and Follow-through and ownership)
- We are always growing (Including; Learning, Innovating and striving to improve, Meritocracy; provides opportunity based on merit)
- We have integrity in all decisions (Including; Fair / honest, Good judgment, Critical thinking)
- We work as a team (Including; being Humble, Dependable and Supportive)
- Strong financial modelling background in strategic finance and the ability to balance analytical modelling and problem solving with conceptual design, communication and presentation
- Professionalism: Maintains professionalism when corresponding with partners/investors. In addition being Empathetic and personable when dealing with Tugende stakeholders.
- Positive Attitude: main a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times.
- Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seek direct feedback and see every challenge as opportunity to grow.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: Sunday, 13th January, 2019