Country Representative NGO Careers – Norwegian Association of Disabled (NAD)
Organisation: Norwegian Association of Disabled (NAD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Norwegian Association of Disabled (NAD), founded in 1931, is a Disabled Persons’ Organisation (DPO) that has been operating in development work since 1981. NAD’s principal task is to fight all types of barriers that prevent women, men, girls, and boys with disabilities from being active participants as well as contributors in their communities. NAD has a long-standing partnership with the National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU), its main partner in Uganda. In 2015, NAD strengthened its presence in Uganda by establishing a regional office in Kampala. NAD Kampala’s main goal is to strengthen DPOs and the DPO movement in Uganda. It also has programmes in inclusive education and economic empowerment and is focused on the strengthening of DPOs and the DPO movement in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Norwegian Association of Disabled (NAD) is now seeking to engage a competent and motivated Country Representative to lead our growing country office in Kampala to ensure the implementation of NAD projects and to develop our program portfolio and to be a constructive supporter to the disability movement in Uganda. This is a position to last up until December 2022, with possibility of extension. The start date will be adapted to the qualified candidate, but at the latest Jan 2021.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have the overall responsibility to ensure the strategic and administrative management of the office.
- This includes the responsibility to ensure that the work is anchored in NAD’s overall strategy and vision.
- Have the overall responsibility for timely reporting from NAD Kampala to NAD Oslo on all requirements and to ensure progress in the work
- Lead and supervise the NAD Kampala team.
- Lead the recruitment and orientation of any new staff.
- Build and nurture necessary relationships with the DPO community and other development partners in Uganda.
- Represent NAD in all relevant fora in Uganda and when necessary, regionally/globally.
- Lead on Anti-corruption initiatives for NAD.
- Participate in the setting up of an Inclusion Network in the Together for Inclusion partnership (TOFI), and represent NAD in the Network.
- Identify funding opportunities and lead on the development of concept notes and applications for funding in collaboration with NAD Oslo.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have completed Higher education in a relevant field such as Social Science, Development Studies, Human Rights Law.
- A minimum of 15 years of work experience in the field of disability and development.
- A proven record of leadership and management of organizations.
- Connections to networks that will strengthen NAD’s work in Uganda.
- Ability to inspire a vision.
- Strong communications skills, ability to build and nurture partnerships and motivate others.
- Problem-solver with the ability to negotiate conflict or disagreement.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and meet agreed deadlines.
- Persons with lived experience of disability are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email their updated CVs and cover letters in PDF format to email@example.com . Please do not exceed 6 pages in total Please use the subject line “NAD Country Representative ” Applications can be addressed to the Head of International Department. Successful applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th September 2020