Creative Insight Manager Employment Opportunity – ALIGHT
Duty Station: Uganda
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Job Summary: The Creative Insight Manager is a key position that leads the Creative Department of Alight’s Uganda Program. Reporting to the Business Development and Grants Coordinator, S/he will be responsible for leading and managing non-traditional, creative and innovative pilot projects, built insights from ongoing programs and focused on amplifying the protection services and wellbeing of displaced population and host communities in Uganda. The Creative Insight Manager is a member of the Country Senior Management Team (SMT).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage Alight’s creative department functions and activities.
- Lead Human-Centred Design engagements and approaches for new project development.
- Manage and grow the portfolio of non-traditional creative and innovative pilot projects from concept to completion including but not limited to: Changemakers, Nakivale Community Library (NCL), TO.ORG, We Care Solar (WCS0, Mwanza, Every Shelter, Community Feedback Response / KujaKuja and Platform Service.
- Manage the responsibility of the quality and completion of all work projects assigned to members of the creative team in Uganda.
- Grow the portfolio by closely working with the Business Development and Grants Coordinator as well as global creative and support team members to initiate and/or involved in every aspect of a collaboration and co-creation of new innovative projects – from the idea to the execution.
- Oversee effectiveness, deliverables, timelines, and budgets for creative projects in country including review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to Business Development and Grants Coordinator, and Head of Programs, and Country Director.
- Act as liaison between Alight Uganda Program and relevant non-traditional, individual donors, supporters, and foundations.
- Report progress and analysis of projects at major stages of their conception, creation, and execution, to ensure the creative project stays within Alight standard and intended outcome/impact.
- Use creative project requirements and ongoing implementation as potential training opportunities for Alight staff and communities.
- Coordinate Alight’s new, innovative, and creative business and projects, with internal (program manager, technical leads) and external (including but not limited to Government Authorities, Peer agencies, Partners, Sub-grantees, and Communities) constituencies.
- Engage Business Development and Grants Coordinator on issues and improvements under creative department and inform leadership team and technical sector heads accordingly.
- Support with the production of key communications resources for donor and public engagement.
- Provide communications support in applicable national regional and global campaigns.
- Ensure Alight Uganda achievements are regularly recorded and featured in Country and global internal communications platforms such as: newsletters, specific skype groups, Whats App, MEL update, Website, and external channels.
- Develop country profiles and fact sheets on the overall political, economic, social, and humanitarian and development situation in Uganda including regular program updates to key stakeholders in accordance with Alights’ standards.
- Contribute to the development of messaging and activities related to Alight Uganda work, prior to external engagement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or in a related field.
- At least five years of experience developing, managing, and implementing, non-institutional Special Projects and/or Programs, in humanitarian and development settings.
- Have an excellent understanding of human-centred design, stellar communication, presentation, problem-solving, and project-management skills.
- Professional business skills, such as negotiation, project management, and leadership.
- Experience of working on and in customer- focused environment and projects.
- Experience in advocacy messaging and engagement.
How to Apply:
All applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 21st May 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE