Customer Service Assistant- SPOUTS OF WATER LTD Job Vacancy – SPOUTS
Duty Station: SPOUTS Head Office, John Kiyingi Rd, Nsambya, Uganda
Reports to: The SPOUTS Customer Service Associate/Officer.
Special conditions: Some travel may be required between the SPOUTS head office, factory at Nakawuka, and to beneficiaries’ locations.
SPOUTS of Water Ltd is a social venture that locally manufactures and distributes effective ceramic water filters to improve the access to clean drinking water sustainably in Uganda. In addition, we locally manufacture free hand-washing stations to improve access to hygiene. Our mission is to provide clean drinking water and hygiene services to all East Africans. We currently sell multiple water filter products under the brand name “Purifaaya”. The Purifaaya provides financial, social, and health benefits for its customers in addition to environmental benefits.
Job Summary: The Customer Service Assistant initiates and maintains contact with customers to ensure timely collection of payments, prompt resolve of customer issues and strongly defending the Purifaaya brand.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Contribute to maintaining the system for recording anticipated customer revenue and identifying when customers have defaulted on their payments.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry to support reliable reporting for business processes.
- Contribute to the maintenance of effective administrative systems to ensure accurate sales and payment records are readily available.
- Review revenue received to highlight when customer follow up is required.
- Liaise with Accounting team to make sure the data is accurate and resolve any allocation issues.
Follow procedures to ensure timely follow up with customers to maximise revenue received through payment instalments.
- Prioritise customer contacts to collect overdue payments and encourage timely payment of instalments.
- Make direct contact with customers to notify of overdue payments and secure outstanding revenue.
- Ensure that all issues are actioned and resolved.
- And any other duties as may be assigned by the relevant supervisors.
Demonstrate corporate responsibility
- Always act in a manner consistent with SPOUTS’ values.
- Comply with the SPOUTS’ standards of conduct and all applicable policies and legislation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field
- Experience in a call centre is preferred
- Extensive proven experience of 1year relevant to the work of customer service relationship, debt recovery and loans administration will be an advantage.
- High level of competence in spoken and written English language skills.
- Competent in spoken either two of these languages, Luganda, Lugisu, and Lusoga.
Within the context of the main responsibilities and accountabilities of the role, the employee is expected to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Ability to follow guidelines and procedures
- Attention to detail and data accuracy
- Well-developed communication and listening skills
- Capacity to be adaptable based on customer information and feedback and ensure that issues are effectively resolved
- Able to seek clarification and use limited judgement for work that moves away from the usual routine
- Commitment to achieving customer service performance targets
- Proven ability to coordinate processes and prioritise workload in an environment of multiple demands
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and data bases, preferably in a work environment
- Works well in a multi-functional and multi-cultural team
How to Apply:
Application letters, CVS and relevant academic documents should be sent on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to attach your salary expectations.
Deadline: 24th June 2022
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda