Data Jobs – Child Sponsorship Systems Officer – World Vision International
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Child Sponsorship Systems Officer will effectively Coordinate, monitor and Provide Technical support for quality Cluster Sponsorship Operations within partnership standards for the wellbeing of children.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Management of Child Sponsorship Systems
- Manage Sponsorship systems both Technical and Business processes within partnership guidelines.
- Carry out timely system upgrades, maintenance and provide timely feedback on Child Sponsorship systems requested by NO and GC/SOs.
- Support Staff and partners on utilization of the horizon mobile phone and any other new gadgets.
- Support the Cluster/ AP with IT related issues (Cluster IT Focal Persons)
- Carry out system data quality audit (RC Bio data, monitoring field, and participation).
- Support staff &COVAs to collect and upload quality data into Sponsorship systems.
Coordination of Child Sponsorship operations
- Timely update of quality child data and SO communications (queries, GN, mails, child monitoring, and participation) into Child Sponsorship systems. (100% data entered for all RCs).
- Monthly generate, compile, analyze and submit systems and Child Wellbeing reports to management.
- Effectively manage RC supplies (New growth, RC Death, Drops, Holds)
- Analyze variance reports, Child Status Reports, Project reports and guide the Programme/ cluster team in utilizing information for effective and efficient sponsorship operations
- Coordinate completion of annual correspondence requirements (APRs and Christmas Cards).
- Ensure quality assurance of all sponsorship operations indicators.
- Identify and build capacity of Staff and partners in child sponsorship operations.
- Work with the AP-coordinator to develop an annual integrated monitoring plan.
- Effectively manage and track all RC and family Participation in WV Programs through implementation of the annual integrated monitoring plan in line with the sponsorship standards
- Support SOOs in Community engagement and sensitizations on Sponsorship model.
Manage Communication and Sponsor Relations
- Coordinate communication between sponsors and RCs for the AP
- Communicate with Support office in compliance with sponsorship standards (timely notification on anticipated delays and reasons to justify)
- Adopt, Develop, monitor, and implement the established checks and controls for sponsor information in line with the child sponsorship standards
- Monitor and advise staff on Child Sponsorship communications from Cluster to NO/SOs.
- Expeditiously monitor, advise and follow up on all Sponsorship communications from NO and SOs to the allocated APs with the SOO and AP Coordinators.
Management of Sponsorship Initiatives
- Effectively manage implementation of Partnership initiatives (CDPCs, Sponsorship 2.0, and Digital Story Teller, LEAP Frog, Chosen,) in line with the partnership guidelines and timeframes.
- Develop AP initiative Implementation Plan and roll out as per NO timelines.
- Effectively manage implementation of initiative(s) as per plan and report on progress, recommendations within partnership guidelines.
- Train, coach and mentor staff and partners on the initiative and follow-up on utilization of the initiative.
- Follow up with staff and Partners to ensure 100% return on investment of CDPCs materials, horizon mobile phones, Chosen, and digital story teller materials through 100% utilization of the systems for the intended objectives.
Management of external engagements with SOs
- Ensure quality and timely Communications between Cluster, NO and SOs.
- Establish and coordinate timely delivery and dispatch of quality messages/ correspondences
- Manage Sponsor visits to their sponsored children within the cluster/AP in line with child Sponsorship standards. (Organize all logistic needs at cluster/AP).
- Attend to Sponsors and follow up on child and adult safe guarding issues.
- Document and report Programme key findings from sponsor visits, recommendations and opportunities
Child and Adult Safe Guarding
- Ensure all RCs have a signed consent form on file.
- Ensure that Videos and photos being sent to NO, SOs/GC meet sponsorship standard.
- Support in the organization of the internal child and adult safe guarding committee meetings at the cluster/AP offices.
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases of RCs and report any violations in accordance with the child and adult safe guarding policy and guidelines
- Work with Child Protection Officer to ensure child and adult safe guarding compliance standards at the cluster/AP
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Child Sponsorship Systems Officer job must hold a University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems and Statistics or any other related field.
- Three years of experiences and knowledge in data entry, analysis and data base management are added advantage
- Three years of experience in computer systems support and field engagements
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on data
- Database management
- Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated
- Computer skills in Windows, MS Excel, Word, publisher and power point, MS Access and Data analysis tools.
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, facilitation skills and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Motorcycle riding is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 7th March 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda