Database Administrator Jobs – Metropol Uganda Limited
Organization: Metropol Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: IT Manager
Metropol Uganda Limited is a Credit Reference Bureau licensed by Bank of Uganda to offer credit reference services to financial institutions regulated by the Central Bank. Metropol Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Metropol Corporation Limited, a business information company with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya and Capital Markets Authority of Kenya.
Job Summary: The Database administrator will support Metropol Uganda Limited’s Kampala office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Metropol Corporation Database Administrator in managing the Uganda databases
- Responsible for the performance, integrity and security of all MUL databases
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Controlling access permissions and privileges for users in the live, testing and development databases;
- Responsible for developing, managing and testing database back-up and recovery plans;
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly;
- Making monthly BoU Returns
- Extracting adhoc lists as requested by the Participating Institutions
- Communicating regularly with management, technical, development and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Undertake any other activities as directed management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Certified Database management professional
- At least two years of experience in Database management and user support
- Excellent database management skills — Postrges, SQL and Oracle tools
- Strong SQL scripting skills
- A must is Proficiency in SQL, Unix scripting using Bash, awk, sed and understanding of Unix OS (Ubuntu preferred)
- Critical analytical thinking in relation to SQL data management (DML)
- Proficiency in Mongo DB, Postgres, MS Excel, and CITUS
- Integration methods between NoSQL and SQL
- Understanding of Database Replication and implementations, Backups and restorations/recovery.
- Working knowledge of REDIS
- Excellent time management and organizational skills as well as strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and communication skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to acquire knowledge to make process improvement recommendations
- A flexible approach to work, demonstrated by a willingness to undertake further duties as assigned
- A team player.
Desirable: Experience in customer relationship management.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their updated CVs (concentrating on their Database experience), two technical/Professional referees firstname.lastname@example.org with Database Administrator as the subject
Deadline: 28th June 2019 by 5:00 pm