Debt Recovery Officer Jobs – UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Debt Recovery Supervisor
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Debt Recovery Officer shall be responsible for proactive management of borrowing accounts showing early signs of deteriorating trends, and non-performing accounts in order to turnaround such accounts, improve optimal performance and minimize financial loss to the institution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issues Arrears notices: On daily basis calls/issues arrears notices and follows up on clients that have not settled their monthly obligations to improve portfolio quality and avoid financial losses to the institution.
- Schedules repayment plans: Discusses debt repayment plans with defaulting clients and recommends to management; accounts that would require restructuring accordingly, so as to enhance loan portfolio quality.
- Branch support on loan balances: Supports branches by responding to queries regarding loan account balances raised by customers for effective communication and customer service and ensures all client files are up-to-date with necessary communications, correspondences and file notes to ease the debt recovery procedures whenever may arise.
- Accounts management: Responds to customer queries regarding the status of their loan accounts including reconciliations in case their accounts have irregularities.
- Collateral backup: Checks for security perfection for the accounts that are NPA or are showing signs of deterioration, forwards to legal department to ensure a smooth and quick foreclosure process and should security not be perfected forward to Legal for immediate perfection.
- Compliance & Reporting: Ensures timely capturing of cash flows in the system for proper IFRS reporting to minimize provisioning and compliance.
- Coordinate release of Collateral: Processes the releasure of securities for accounts/loans that have been paid off and forwards to Head of Credit for recommendation to maximize profit for the institution.
- Portfolio quality: Ensures quality of respective allotted portfolio by conducting daily monitoring and reviews of delinquent account records to determine which customers must be contacted for collection of overdue accounts and providing regular support.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Debt Recovery Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience as credit officer or credit administration or in debt recovery.
- Any past experience working in a call centre from a Financial Institution is added advantage.
- Decision making skills and results oriented personality
- High levels of integrity, responsibility and confidentiality.
- Credit and Financial analysis skills
- Ability to negotiate
- High standards of performance and Control of Quality
- Team building skills (Initiative, decision making, dispute resolution, good customer service, very good negotiation skills).
- Basic understanding of the legal framework
- Thorough understanding of the UGAFODE (MDI) credit policies & procedures
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant banking (i.e. MDI Act/IFRS guidelines) and regulations on asset quality/credit legislation
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit an application letter together with an up-to-date CV to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title you are applying for in the Email Subject Line. Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources
Deadline: 29th August 2019\