Deputy Project Manager NGO Careers – Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Job Title: Deputy Project Manager
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the District of Rakai, South Western Uganda. It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute – Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District.
Job Summary: The Deputy Project Manager will assist the project manager to as he/she oversees the implementation of HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the 12 districts of the Greater Masaka region. The position holder will specifically support district-led programming for a decentralized HIV/AIDS response and provide leadership for the functioning of Community based organizations (CBOs) sub granted by RHSP in line with donor and respective GoU guidelines. He/she will support the initiation, planning, coordination and evaluation of activities designed to enhance capabilities, governance and functionality of CBOs and DHTs in Masaka region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to DHTs regarding planning and managing of sub-grants agreements to ensure that they submit requests and accounts for funds
- Support the monitoring of district-led programming activities and sub-granting to both the districts & CBOs.
- Organize regular stakeholders’ meetings all in the spirit of enhancing district-led programming.
- Work with the regional teams to ensure timely planning, budgeting for all the CBOs supported activities in Masaka region
- Provide leadership for the functioning of all community based organisations (CBOs) sub granted by RHSP. These include thjos supporting Community facility linkage, Orphan & Vulnerable, DREAMS in live with the Donor and Respective GoU guidelines
- Work with the cluster teams to prepare regular briefings in relation to the performance of the CBOs & district-led programming activities.
- Identify barriers to implementation of district-led programming and propose corrective action.
- Identify barriers to implementation of activities by CBOs and propose corrective actions.
- Assess compliance of the partner districts and CBOs to the terms and conditions of the principles of collaboration and Memorandums of understanding respectively.
- Assess and report on and design capacity building and technical assistance interventions to the DHT and CBOs.
- Conducting regular visits to the districts & CBOs to review performance and ensuring that districts and CBOs follow the finance agreements, and with the performance expectations as outlined in their work plans.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) Deputy Project Manager job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery or a related health field.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health
- Advanced diploma in M&E or Project management is an added advantage with experience in Monitoring and Evaluation Programs
- Specialized training in HIV/AIDS will be an advantage.
- Three years’ experience in strategic planning, health systems strengthening (HSS) and participatory approaches.
- Familiarity with the functioning of the decentralized Local Government System of Uganda.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR/US Government programming policies and regulations, procedures and practices, which bear on project management in support of cooperative agreements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with the DHTs and HFs.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS.
- Project planning skills and a good understanding of sub granting systems to local governments and CBOs.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please kindly indicate the Job title under subject of the mail. Only Online applications will be considered.
Deadline: 21st June 2019