Director Biomedical Engineering Employment Opportunity – Joint Medical Store (JMS)
Job Title: Director Biomedical Engineering
Organisation: Joint Medical Store (JMS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church founded private not for profit organization whose mission is to supply medicines, medical equipment and related health care services of assured quality to the people of Uganda at affordable prices.
Job Summary: The Director Biomedical Engineering will oversee activities of the directorate including policy formulation, strategy direction and compliance procedural standards, health and safety protocols as well as biomedical technology engineering specifications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, coordinate and govern all functions related to installation, repair, and maintenance of biomedical patient care equipment and furniture
- Develop and implement training programs for customers and relevant patient care personnel regarding equipment operations, standards, and maintenance.
- Identify and support the equipment needs for JMS existing and new customers
- Develop annual goals and objectives related to supporting the growth and development of the BMT directorate in response to present and future needs.
- Develop and manage annual operating plans and budget of the BMT directorate.
- Develop and implement standards, policies and procedures that guide and support functions of the BMT directorate.
- Review, assess requests for biomedical equipment services and deploy appropriate responses
- Develop a contracts management policy and guidelines for biomedical equipment and services
- Develop and implement marketing strategies of the BMT equipment to meet the desired targets
- Develop and implement appropriate biomedical equipment sales and maintenance packages for JMS customers
- Negotiate service agreements with vendors where appropriate.
- Provide technical advice to management on the Bio-medical equipment portfolio in line with the changing technology and market trends.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Joint Medical Stores (JMS) Director Biomedical Engineering job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a mechanical engineering or Biomedical Engineering or its equivalent with a Masters’ degree in a business related field such as MBA OR Degree in a medical related field with post graduate training in Biomedical engineering and business related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience and above in medical or technical equipment operations, maintenance management and experience in business development; management and/or marketing.
- Extensive knowledge and competence in strategic planning/marketing, market development, working with a multi-disciplinary team will be required.
- Knowledge of many different types of patient care equipment.
- Knowledge of electronic theory and technology.
- Knowledge of computer systems and ability to use basic computer software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, work order tracking, inventory management, and databases).
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical principles to non-technical personnel both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise, direct, evaluate, and delegate work and responsibilities to subordinate personnel.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to lift medium-weight equipment and to walk, kneel, bend, and reach while installing and repairing equipment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified an interested candidates are invited to send their resumes, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three (3) referees including their day time telephone contact and email address.
Please forward your applications to:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration
Joint Medical Store,
- O. Box 4501, Kampala.
Email to: Stores@jms.co.ug
‘OR hand deliver your application to Joint Medical Store (JMS), Plot 1828 Gogonya Road, Nsambya’
Deadline: 3rd August 2018 by 5:00pm