Director Legal Affairs Employment Opportunity – Makerere University, Kampala (MUK)
Organization: Makerere University, Kampala (MUK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Legal Affairs
Makerere University, Kampala is Uganda’s largest and oldest institution of higher learning, first established as a technical school in 1922. It became an independent national university in 1970. Today, Makerere University is composed of nine colleges and one school offering programmes for about 36,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates.
Job Summary: The Director Legal Affairs will be responsible for providing legal advice to the University Council, Management and other organs of the University in matters of drafting agreements, contracts, memoranda and other legal documents. The Director Legal Affairs provides clear oral and written interpretation of laws and other statutory instruments relating to the University, ensures and facilitates the University’s compliance with the set policies, regulations and guidelines governing staff and students of the University.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning for the Legal Directorate
- Advising the University Council on all Legal and other matters
- Supervision of the Legal Directorate
- Head the Legal Team and coordinate all Court cases by or against the University
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honor’s Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized Institution
- Master of Laws Degree from a recognized Institution
- A Diploma in Legal Practice (LDC)
- Valid practicing License
- Applicants should have a minimum of Ten (10) years Legal Practice Five (5) of which should have been at Senior Level in a recognized Institution or Firm.
- Should be citizens of Uganda
- Industrious and self-driven
- A team player
- Excellent communication skills
- A track record of high integrity
- Excellent analytical ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Very good tactical and strategic planning skills
- Age Limit: Below 55 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications using this link, Click Here and upload their full details of your biodata, education, qualifications, work experience, and all the other required information, including your Curriculum Vitae, Certificates, Transcripts, and at least three reference letters addressed to;
P.O. Box 7062 Kampala.
Deadline: 8th June 2020 by 17.00 Hours EAT.