Doctoral Dissertation Completion Fellowship for Africans Students 2017
The Social Science Research Council is providing Next Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Dissertation Completion Fellowship to African applicants. The fellowship is awarded in the field of social science.
The aim of the fellowship is to encourage innovative research on peace, security, and development topics, moving the boundaries of scholarship and research by exploring concrete linkages between these themes.
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is a U.S.-based independent nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing research in the social sciences and related disciplines.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue the doctoral degree.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the field of social science.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- The doctoral dissertation completion fellowship supports a one-year leave from teaching responsibilities and a stipend up to US$15,000 to permit the completion of a dissertation that advances research on peace, security, and development topics.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be citizens of and reside in a sub-Saharan African country
- Hold a master’s degree
- Be enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda
- Be in the final year of writing and have completed at least one dissertation chapter
Nationality: Applicants of Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master’s degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Strong proposals will offer clear and concise descriptions of the project and its significance. Proposals should display the thorough knowledge of the relevant social science literature that applicants will engage and the methodologies relevant to the project. In addition, applicants must demonstrate that all proposed activities are feasible and can be completed in a timely manner. All proposals will be evaluated for these criteria by an independent, international committee of leading scholars from a range of social science disciplines.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 17, 2017.
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE