Document Verification Officer Job Opportunities – Uganda Development Bank Limited (UDB)
Job Title: Document Verification Officer
Organisation: Uganda Development Bank Limited (UDB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Development Bank Limited (UDB) was the first national development finance institution (DFI) in Uganda established under Decree No. 23 of 1972 (later the Uganda Development Bank Act Cap. 56 of 1972), which Act sought to “establish the Uganda Development Bank and the Credit Guarantee Fund and for other matters connected therewith.”
Job Summary: The Document Verification Officer will conduct verification and quality checks on documents for all engagements and projects to be taken up by the bank. He/she will be required to accurately perform validation and fraud checks following best practice and laid down procedures, limiting the risk of fraudulent/inaccurate documents for application processing.
The Document Verification Officer is responsible for verifying documents to confirm their authenticity and validity for mainly credit applications and Know Your Customer within the required turnaround times ensuring high level of customer service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all verification requests are actioned within turnaround times for the application to be sent to the next stage in the assessment/appraisal line.
- Ensure that the verification calls are conducted in a manner which promotes the customer experience promoted by Uganda Development Bank.
- Pro-actively monitor work flows and work queues to ensure that the same-day processing of the verification (call back) process is achieved.
- Ensure service levels agreed are met or are above standard and outputs are at a required standard.
Risk Management & Control
- Perform invoice, contract, Financial (Audited Accounts), Credit Reference Bureau, and identity verification are affected accurately and within turnaround times in order to limit risk and fraud.
- Contact Customers with regards to outstanding information.
- Identify discrepancies on the application documents as well as the supporting documents e.g., but not limited to account statements, ID, trading licenses, certificates, proof of address.
- Ensure compliance with all credit, and compliance processes policies and procedures.
- Timeously identify and escalate risks and opportunities.
- Ensure that all documents are forwarded through to the relevant areas.
- Accepts responsibility for quality when carrying out duties
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of customer information during validation and verification.
- Proactively identify trends that may affect the quality of documents and ensure corrective action and escalation to team leader is applied appropriately and timeously.
- Ensure target is maintained by pre-planning activities.
- Ensure tools required for normal business are in working condition.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate reporting in a consistent and reliable manner to management.
- Assist where required, with escalated document queries that may relate to the verification and verdict process.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate system track for document verification and validation process using MIS/CRM system.
- Provide support to other departments, to optimize business opportunities.
- Accurately perform fraud checks to limit the risk of fraudulent or inaccurate application processing.
- Ensure the error rate is kept at a minimum.
- Ensure effective, efficient, and optimal utilization of all resources (human and capital)
- Come up with productivity and capacity measures to measure resource utilization and performance within the unit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a business degree or related qualifications from a recognized university
- Relevant Postgraduate qualification such as an MBA or Masters in a related course is an added advantage
- Professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA and other related certifications will be an added advantage
- At least three to four years’ experience with exposure to various credit products.
- Exposure in General Banking.
- Ability to operate independently and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Process orientated.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to monitor workflow and meet deadlines and targets.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability performs quality checks of document quality and escalate to team leader.
- Advanced decision-making skills.
- Credit assessment and evaluation.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- High level of commitment and integrity.
- Ability to formulate business strategies.
- Advanced computer knowledge.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications & Academic papers to:
The HRM, Uganda Development Bank,
Plot 6 Nakasero Road Rwenzori Towers
First Floor- Wing B, P.O. Box 7210 Kampala
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 12th March 2021.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda