Documentation and Communication Officer NGO Jobs – Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head MEAL Manager
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish development cooperation organization and the second largest provider of humanitarian aid. FCA operates in over 13 countries, working with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political affiliations. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, and FCA’s operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA has been actively supporting partners in Uganda since 1990s, and has presence and operational Country Office since 2014. FCA’s work in Uganda focuses on promoting sustainable livelihoods, Education in Emergencies, support to the education sector development, livelihoods and peace, working with both local communities and refugees. Currently FCA Uganda is active in 7 districts and 5 refugee settlements.
Job Summary: This position will be two-fold, in that it covers both communications and documentation as part of MEAL On the communications side, the Communications and Documentation Officer (CPS) will be responsible for undertaking documentation and design, development, and dissemination of communication materials for FCA Uganda’s projects. Communications Officer will work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager, MEAL Officers, Area Mangers and Project Managers to document and publicize, key programme activities, success stories, best practices and lessons learnt, and coordinate closely with advocacy related activities and strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The communications and documentation officer will be responsible for:
- All communications and visibility materials developed in UGACO
- Compilation of success stories, long-read articles, visibility materials in accordance with donor guidelines, publication and dissemination of relevant project or organization specific communication materials etc.
- Planning and implementation of internal and external strategies for FCA Uganda communications and outreach in co-operation with FCA communications unit
- Conducting media and public information liaison for FCA, support production of program reports and other FCA high quality communication materials, including quarterly newsletters, annual reports etc.
- Designing and maintenance of the FCA Uganda’s web site and other communications channels, including social media in co-operation with FCA communications unit
- Assisting FCA staff with the design, development, editing, and dissemination of relevant communications materials through training in short story telling, photography and basic communications skills etc.
- Ensuring alignment with FCA and donor visibility requirements
- Ensuring that FCA and donor branding are all done appropriately with the right logos, appropriate positioning sizes and other branding best practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a University degree in Communication studies, Social Sciences or related field
- At least three years working experience within communications in Uganda, ideally in the international development and/or humanitarian field
- Familiarity with relevant Ugandan government and international refugee frameworks and development policies guiding humanitarian and development work in Uganda
- Effective communication, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong skills in team working, networking and strategic thinking, with established links with various media channels being an added advantage
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, preferred
- Ability to set and work within timelines
- Excellent people skills and demonstrated public relations skills
- High degree of integrity and familiar with ethical guidelines on interview techniques including child safeguarding
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
How to Apply:
All interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact, addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to Ugaco.email@example.com
Deadline: Tuesday 5th January 2021.
N.B: Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE