Driver Job Opportunities – Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSDU)
Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSDU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Office Administrator
Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSDU) is an independent not-for-profit company committed to promoting greater access to and usage of financial services in Uganda. FSD Uganda seeks to develop a more inclusive financial sector with a focus on low-income individuals (particularly women) and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
FSD Uganda works with both public and private sector players to develop sustainable improvements in the livelihoods of low-income individuals through reduced vulnerability to shocks, increased incomes, and employment creation. We support innovation, conduct research, help promote and improve policy, laws and regulation that shape the financial sector in Uganda through targeted Technical Assistance (TA) and grants. FSD Uganda is funded by The Government of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
To drive passengers and goods safely to their destinations, always complying with the laws of Uganda, FSDU policies and procedures and best practice in customer care
- Drives FSDU vehicle with due care and safety, considering prevailing weather and road conditions to avoid accidents.
- Transports staff and partners to scheduled destinations.
- Ensures that punctuality and courtesy are always maintained.
- Reports faults and accidents immediately to the Office Administrator.
- Ensures that the driver’s seatbelt and those of the passengers are fastened before starting to drive.
- Strictly drives the vehicles to approved destinations.
- Ensures that the vehicle keys are always under safe custody to avoid duplication and theft.
- Ensures that the vehicle has a valid license, insurance stickers and perfect tyres
- Compiling the monthly journey log sheet and fuel consumed.
- Giving attention to the physical well-being of passengers, providing comfort brakes and other assistance as required; always treating all passengers with courtesy and friendliness.
- Drives carefully and safely in accordance with the traffic laws i.e., Obeys traffic laws and regulations.
To ensure that FSDU’s vehicles are in good condition, mechanically sound and safe to drive
- Carries out minor maintenance including filling oil, water and air before vehicles are driven.
- Identifies and reports all major mechanical faults identified on the vehicle.
- Ensures that the vehicle is always kept clean to uphold the image of FSDU and for the convenience of the users.
- Conducts daily inspection of the assigned vehicle to ensure it is in good condition; records any problem requiring future action in the vehicle check list.
- Supervises cleaning and repairs of vehicles at the washing bay and at the garage.
- Ensure the vehicles are equipped with all necessary breakdown and safety equipment and at such are working in good order.
Provision of support to administrative function
- Deliver documents as directed by the Office Administrator.
- Collecting ordered office supplies and consumables
- Support with loading and offloading of goods or luggage.
- Provision of support at the front desk by answering, screening, and routing calls.
- Checks the level of the fuel in the generator and requests for refills.
- Assists with event/ workshop setup, branding, and storage of branding materials.
- Assists with participants registration at events.
- Takes pictures during field visits and at events when called upon.
Others: Any other duties as requested by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an undergraduate degree
- Valid Driver’s license with no penalties
- Certificate in Defensive Driving
- At least eight years of previous driving experience with another reputable organisation
- Satisfactory medical and eye tests
- Excellent defensive driving skills and track record of safe vehicle operation
- Excellent customer service and self-presentation
How to Apply:
All Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org their Cover Letter and Resume. The resume should contain details of 3 references.
Please insert the job title “Driver” in the subject line of your email submission.
NB:FSD Uganda is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 23rd February 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda