Driver Job Opportunities – Malteser International
Organisation: Malteser International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction. Malteser International has been implementing projects in Uganda for over two decades focusing mainly on health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, livelihood and environment.
Job Summary: The Driver is responsible for driving and maintaining MI fleet in accordance with MI regulations and policies in order to support program implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Ensure the respect of the Ugandan traffic law while driving MI vehicles
- Follow the Line Manager’s planning and instructions
- Carry out office out-door messenger related duties
- Keep all personal documents as well as those of the vehicle with you and check that theyare valid (driving licence, insurance paper)
- Fill in the Log book every day according to MI procedures
- Respect MI security rules
- Ensure the maintenance of the vehicle with respect to MI vehicle management
- Carry out daily checks before starting up the vehicle (oil level; water level; pressure of the tires etc.)
- Wash the car when needed and upon request from line manager
- Malteser International Order of Malta Worldwide Relief
- Make sure that the security tool box and first aid kit are complete and on board
- Inform the line manager when service is necessary
- Solve minor technical problems
- Inform the logistics department of any major repairs to be carried out
- Record all the maintenance done in the log book of each vehicle
- Ensure the respect of the departure and arrival time of your movement
- Inspect and prepare the vehicle the day before departure so as to be on time
- Prepare additional equipment to be brought along according to the needs (fuel, stickers, flags, tools, medical kit)
- Guarantee the good loading and unloading of the car and goods in an appropriate way.
- Know the area map, especially MI staff houses, INGOs offices and relevant partners’ offices
- Ensure that non MI staff sign a Waiver of Liability form
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have a UCE certificate & Experience
- Valid Driving permit with DL class
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good command of the English language
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a driver with an INGO
- Defensive driving added advantage
How to Apply:
Kindly note that this a national position with a local contract
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at the link below.
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references)
Deadline: 08 December 2019.