Driver Job Vacancies – Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Organisation: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS’ Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations; serving people on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. CRS has worked in Uganda since 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees living in the north. Over the years, CRS has expanded its programming to also address development needs in western, central and eastern Uganda. CRS’ projects in Uganda currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, peace building and youth. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability. .
Job Summary: The driver will safely operate vehicles, observing the Ugandan Traffic laws and organization’s policies on driving at all times, to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
You will ensure the safety and security of all passengers, pedestrians, other drivers and the vehicles in town and on field missions. Your consistent and high-quality service will contribute to the proper stewardship of resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take actions as instructed to maintain allocated vehicles clean inside and out, in sound mechanical and operational condition, fueled and equipped with First Aid Kits, spare parts and tools, and secured at all times. Signal actual or potential faults/breakdowns and/or threats.
- Transport CRS staff and visitors as instructed, observing local traffic and road safety laws and all CRS vehicle policies to ensure safety of passengers and luggage, and quality and courteous services.
- Report immediately any accidents and/or route changes due to security, bad weather, road conditions.
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements and make all arrangements for ensuring efficient services (fueling, pre-travel checks, required travel documents, required equipment, spare parts and tools, schedules, packing).
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all assigned vehicles.
- Maintain and submit accurate records for all trips and fuel purchases.
- Routinely check all assigned vehicles licenses, insurances, and other required documents and promptly advise when renewals are due.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should have ‘O’ Level Certificate
- At least three years driving and mechanical experience
- Valid accident free driving license Class A, B, CM, and DM
- Understanding of the geographical area of assignment
- Flexibility to travel under difficult circumstances
- Service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- English fluency, knowledge of the local language spoken in Tororo
- Must be able to travel out of duty station up to a tune of 70% of time
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – DRIVERTORORO only
All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
Only selected candidates that meet the requirements will be notified
Deadline: 9th June 2020 at 5:00 pm