Driver Jobs – Malteser International
Organisation: Malteser International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Malteser International is an international non-governmental aid agency for humanitarian aid of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, founded in 2005 by Malteser Germany (founded in 1953). The relief service has more than 50 years of experience in humanitarian relief and currently covers around 100 projects in about 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas. Malteser International has been working in Uganda since 1996, with projects in several regions of the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services.
- Ensure the respect of the Ugandan traffic law while driving MI vehicles.
- Follow the Line Manager’s planning and instructions.
- Carry out office out-door messenger related duties.
- Keep all personal documents as well as those of the vehicle with you and check that they are valid (driving licence, insurance paper)
- Fill in the Log book every day according to MI procedures.
- Respect MI security rules.
Ensure the maintenance of the vehicle with respect to MI vehicle management
- Carry out daily checks before starting up the vehicle (oil level; water level; pressure of the tires etc.)
- Wash the car when needed and upon request from line manager.
- Make sure that the security tool box and first aid kit are complete and on board.
- Inform the line manager when service is necessary.
- Solve minor technical problems.
- Inform the logistics department of any major repairs to be carried out.
- Record all the maintenance done in the log book of each vehicle
Ensure the respect of the departure and arrival time of your movement.
- Inspect and prepare the vehicle the day before departure so as to be on time.
- Prepare additional equipment to be brought along according to the needs (fuel, stickers, flags, tools, medical kit).
- Guarantee the good loading and unloading of the car and goods in an appropriate way.
- Know the area map, especially MI staff houses, INGOs offices and relevant partners’ offices.
- Ensure that non MI staff sign a Waiver of Liability form.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a UCE certificate
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a driver with an INGO.
- Valid Driving permit with DL class
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good command of the English language
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should email their application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of academic certificates and three professional references) to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to Malteser Kampala office M.Nanjala , Gaaba road All applications should be addressed to the Recruitment Manager.
Deadline: 14th March 2019 by 16:00hrs
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE