Driver NGO Job Opportunities – Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager CQI
About US: The Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) was established in 1987 as a collaboration between researchers at Makerere, Columbia and John Hopkins Universities, the Division of Intramural Research at the National Institutes of Allergy & Infectious diseases and the International Centre for Excellence Research (ICER). This was as a result of the first identification of clinical AIDS in Rakai district Uganda in 1982 by Drs. Sewankambo and Serwadda. The initiation of the Program, then known as Rakai Project led to a series of clinical studies characterizing the disease and its epidemiology; and also brought the partnership with other colleagues including Professor Maria Wawer and Prof Ronald Gray.
Job Summary: The Driver will drive Organization vehicles safely in accordance with Rakai Health Sciences Program requirements and with supervisor’s instructions to transport cargo and personnel and guests for official purposes in various locations where we operate and, as may be needed, throughout areas where Rakai Health Sciences Program operates within Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate official vehicles to transport staff and cargo.
- Ensure that vehicles are well maintained and serviced in a timely manner, including maintaining the vehicles as clean as required
- Maintain a proper vehicle log for all trips along with the relevant vehicle maintenance logs
- Keep the supervisor abreast of any security situations or hazards and report timely to the supervisor any security incidents or accidents that require appropriate measures
- Adherence to organizational fleet guidelines and all national traffic laws
- The driver will pick-up and deliver organizational messages and parcels with confidentiality as may be requested
- Ensure that the vehicle is equipped with all relevant safety tools, including but not limited to the fire extinguisher, wheel change kit, spare wheel and the first aid kit.
- Perform and submit vehicle inspection reports on a weekly basis and/or before handover of the vehicle to another party, and report any maintenance problems that may require attention
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Driver vacancy should have a minimum of O level certificate.
- A minimum of two years of professional chauffeur experience and a valid local driver’s license for following types of vehicles is highly preferred. Classes: B, CM, DL.
- Knowledge and ability: Must be familiar with local traffic laws and traffic patterns
- Ability to communicate with officials and guests in a relaxed but competent and professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff, implementing partners and beneficiaries.
- Language Proficiency: Ability to speak, read, and write in English fluently.
How to Apply: All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (in one document (Word/PDF)) addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline: 30th April 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE