Driver NGO Job Opportunities – The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Uganda
REF: REF: TS/HR/OPSP 01
Reports to: Fleet Management Supervisor
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease
Job Summary: To drive TASO vehicles, monitor their condition, and inform the supervisors of the condition of the vehicles and any maintenance or repair work necessary.
- TASO vehicles carefully and safely driven
- Condition of vehicles reported to supervisors
- TASO Vehicles well looked after
- Record of vehicle movement maintained
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive TASO motor vehicles as instructed
- Ensure maximum security of vehicle and its accessories when under his/her
- Ensure vehicle is insured and fuelled
- Ensure vehicle is fully equipped with First aid kits
- Ensure safety of passengers and cargo under his charge
- Check for road worthiness of vehicle before use
- Monitor condition of all vehicles within and promptly report the condition to superiors.
- Make follow-ups on vehicle repairs and servicing, to ensure that they are done as required
- Check on vehicles licenses as required by law
- Make requests for repair and service works
- Report any accident incidents the vehicle gets involved into to supervisor and police as required
- Carry out minor repairs and adjustments on the vehicles, and maintain their cleanliness
- Check oils viscosity and mileage for full service
- Seek or provide necessary technical advice as and when necessary
- Record total mileage cover
- Maintain a good record of all activity details including journeys and stopovers as assigned.
- Maintain records of vehicle servicing and repairs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold Uganda Certificate of Education (0 ‘Level School Certificate). Advanced Certificate of Education (A’ Level School Certificate) will be an added advantage. Possession of a Valid Driving Permit for the Class of vehicles assigned (DM & DL) is a Must.
- At least four years as a driver and practicing.
- Training in vehicle maintenance
- Knowledge of traffic laws and rules
- Highway code
- Report writing skills
- Vehicle control and maneuver, Defensive driving, Interpersonal relations and ability to deal with security threats
- Other Qualities/Attributes: Courtesy, Patience, Respect and Integrity
How to Apply:
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents in one folder and forward online applications with the relevant credentials to the link below
Applications received online shall be considered
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, valid riding permit, testimonials and three referees, two of which should be professional referees including their telephone and email contacts.
N.B TASO staff and former staff must attach a signed recommendation letter from the respective Center Program Manager.
While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, on interviews
Deadline: 28th May 2020 at 11:59 pm