Driver NGO Job Opportunities – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Job Title: Driver
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Administrator
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Driver will support Field Operations by provision of reliable and secure driving services for staff, items and authorized persons.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the vehicle to and from various activities and engagements around the Settlement and outside the region when authorized
- Ensuring that all passengers wear their seat belts at all times in the vehicle; ensure that goods in transit are safely secured and arrive at destination in proper condition
- Collecting and deliver mail/correspondence to Government Offices/ Partner Offices Commercial Establishments/UN Offices, etc. when called upon
- Ensuring that all immediate actions required in the Standard Operating Procedures are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Log official trips in the official log books;
- Assist the Human Resource Staff in preparation of accurate accountability of Fuel used whenever called upon
- Comply with traffic rules and regulations as well as road security and safety awareness to enable safe on-time arrival for meetings.
- Day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the assigned vehicle
- Provision of inputs to the Logistics and Fleet Officers for efficient preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Keep track of insurance and applicable tax formalities.
- Administrative and clerical support: assist office staff in administrative tasks from time to time when called upon;
- Perform any other duties relevant to the position that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle International Uganda (WIU) Driver job must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) from a recognized and registered School.
- Two to three years of professional driving experience
- 2-3 years’ active experience in Field NGO operations is also a requirement.
- Possession of a Valid Class B Driver’s permit and above
- Active prior experience in and understanding of refugee operations would be an added advantage
- Relevant Driving certification.
- Mastered use of manual vehicles
- Experience of working in rural terrain and ability to maneuver the most difficult back roads
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Basic Computer skills (Microsoft word, Excel, Email)
- Good command of the English Language and ability to communicate effectively (written, verbally, non- verbally).
- Team player; ability to work within a team dynamic to achieve and deliver shared goals
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment; ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Values: Integrity, Diligence, Professionalism, Cultural sensitivity and diversity:
- Organizational Awareness
- Demonstration of sound judgment and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management:
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, 2 years’ salary history, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including telephone, email contacts and details of at least three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda,
P.O Box 24230 Kampala, Uganda
Applications must be hand delivered to The Windle House, Plot 726 Nagawa Close, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Kamwokya.
Deadline: 10th January, 2019 by 5pm
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females, minority groups and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- See Also : List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda