Driver NGO Jobs – Dwelling Places (DP)
Organisation: Dwelling Places (DP)
Reports to: Operations Officer
Duty Station: All over Uganda, Uganda
Dwelling Places (DP) is a registered Christian Non-Governmental Organization which specialises in the rescue, rehabilitation, reconciliation, resettlement and follow-up of children living on the streets. The overall objective of DP is to have a society where every child has a chest to rest their head on and a place to call home.
Job Summary: The Driver will be responsible for safe transportation of the children, staff and organizational property on a regular schedule. The incumbent will assist the operations officer as required and perform other duties as directed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the vehicles in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
- Work with the operations officer to ensure a proper travel schedule is developed and followed
- Perform maintenance duties and clean the vehicles accordingly.
- Adhere to the traffic rules and regulations
- Represent Dwelling Places in a professional and respectful manner.
- Pick up and deliver children, staff, Directors and the country Director whenever needed and as per set schedule
- Assist the Operations and Procurement Officer in stores whenever called upon.
- Record all daily trips in the logbook and ensure that users sign the logbook in acknowledgement.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess the appropriate driver’s license or certificate with a DL class as minimum.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a related position
- Previous experience of working in a children related NGO is an added advantage
- Able and willing to work on an as-needed basis in order to meet operational needs of the organization
- Knowledge of highway and Van regulations
- Ability to deal with children, staff and management at all levels
- Time management and stress management skills
- General knowledge of automobile maintenance & repair
- Possess excellent concentration and Bilingual in Luganda/English
- A personally handwritten application letter with a CV and academic qualifications
- Born again Christian
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a pastor’s letter, LC1 Letter, two passport size photos to deliver applications to: Dwelling Places Head Office – Off Nalukolongo Masaka Road Near Mutundwe Police Station or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0312-513701 between 8:30AM-5:00PM Monday to Friday.
Deadline: 13th March 2020 by 5:00PM
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.