Earn 44m as 1 of 3 Electricians at United States US Embassy / US Mission
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 44,197,171 /=
Position Number: Kampala-2021-008
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Electrician reports directly to the Building Engineer Supervisor in the Facility Management office. The position holder is employed as an Electrical Technician to accomplish skilled maintenance and repair work at the journeyman electrician level, to International Building Code standards, throughout all facilities on the Chancery or GSO Ware house ( to include office buildings, grounds, out buildings, ancillary structures, and residential owned/leased properties)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Electrician job opportunity should have completed secondary school is required.
- Completion of vocational training program from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with specialization in the Electrical field is required.
- At least three years’ experience journey-level experience in the repair and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems, power generation and electrical distribution systems, grounding, and control circuitry. This should include a minimum of two (2) years’ work experience on similar sized equipment configurations and systems with an increased level of complex work requirements. Use and implementation of International Building Code (IBC) standards, building, electrical, mechanical, and fire and life safety codes in the execution of projects.
- The incumbent must know how to install circuits and electrical apparatuses, diagnose electrical problems in circuitry, make repairs that meet or exceed the standards of the IBC, and what constitutes proper preventive maintenance.
- Must know how to use diagnostic equipment and be able to analyze readings to determine what and where the electrical problem is located.
- Must know how to use safety equipment when working near energized equipment and parts.
- Must know how to read and interpret construction and as-built drawings, schematics, manufacturers shop drawings, and performance curve charts and graphs.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of ohms law and how to apply its formulas to circuit analysis.
- Must have a very good technical understanding of major building electrical systems, switchgear, panel boards, lighting and power outlets, equipment, and control wiring.
- Knowledge of reading technical documents, interpreting maintenance plans and technical literature is required and highly emphasized.
- General computer literacy is required in multiple applications (MS Office).
- The Incumbent will have completed courses of study covering the principles of AC and DC circuitry, power distribution, control wiring, circuit ampacity and safe wiring practices for office and residential buildings, use of diagnostic equipment and electrical meters, and commercial wiring standards including power generation and distribution.
- Language: English level III (Good working knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading is required. Luganda level III (Good knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 23rd March 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE