Earn 48m as Assistant Motor Pool Supervisor at United States US Embassy / Mission
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 48,127,742 /=
Open to: Current Employees of the Mission – This includes U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); Declared Members of Household (MOHs), dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies
Position Number: Kampala 2020-031
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Assistant Motor Pool Supervisor oversees 62 employees in the Motor Pool unit. Plans, directs, and coordinates the use and maintenance of motor vehicles and assignment of chauffeurs to provide efficient and safe transportation services to post personnel and official visitors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Motor Pool Schedule 50%
- The Incumbent helps plan, direct and coordinate motor vehicle operations for the entire Mission. Spot checks motor pool and takes necessary action to maintain and improve efficiency of operations.
- Plans and directs vehicle use and driver assignments and establishes priorities in demand for vehicles.
- Establishes work schedules for drivers and directly supervisors 10 drivers.
Vehicle Maintenance 20%
- The Incumbent helps plan vehicle maintenance to insure maximum availability of vehicles. Keeps track of all vehicles sent out for repairs. Periodically inspects the appearance of vehicles and ensures every morning the vehicles are clean and ready to duty.
Management of Shuttle Program 15%
- The Incumbent will be in charge of the Mission’s shuttle program. Will ensure the shuttle program is run effectively by being at the warehouse every morning before the shuttles depart.
- Serves as acting Motor Pool Supervisor in the absence of the MP Supervisor. For official visits, Incumbent will attend all countdown meetings and be the main point of contact for control officers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Assistant Motor Pool Supervisor job opportunity should have completed secondary school education (both ‘O and A’ level).
- At least three years of experience in vehicle fleet management, dispatcher, or automotive maintenance in addition to one (1) year of supervisory experience is required.
- Detailed knowledge of Motor Pool regulations and manuals.
- Knowledge of internal policies and controls and office structure, 6 FAM. Safety regulation.
- Must be familiar with local traffic regulations; must be familiar with motor vehicle registration and inspection requirements and have knowledge in vehicle importation procedures.
- Must have a valid local driver’s license minimum of class B.
- Must have multi-tasking ability and an aptitude to exercise judgment in making the best use of equipment and personnel resources; in managing priorities, making recommendations and providing customer service to all.
- Language: English level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing is required. This may be tested.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 24th July 2020