Earn 5.7 million monthly as Infrastructure Development Officer (School Management) at Enabel
Job Title: Infrastructure Development Officer (School Management)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Package: UGX 5,700,000 and UGX 6,500,000
Enabel (Belgian development agency, formerly BTC), together with different Government Ministries, are implementing the bilateral co-operation between Uganda & Belgium.
Job Summary: The Infrastructure Development Officer (School Management) will strengthen school management of the 5 National Teachers’ Colleges (Kabale, Kaliro, Mubende, Muni and Unyama). She/he will operate within the TTE team and will work under the direct supervision of the Institutional Development International Expert. She/he will work closely with the counterpart of the Teacher & instructor Education & Training Department (TIET) of the MoES and other relevant authorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
To strengthen the Human Resource management of the 5 NTCs
- Formulate and implement a strategy to strengthen HR management in the Colleges, especially related to the following issues: time on task, accountability and allowances; staff appraisal and career management of Public servants; Teachers‘ code of conduct and professionalism
- Contribute to the dissemination and implementation of national policies/related to the management of the teaching workforce
- Support social dialogue through the implementation of a twofold consultation framework (local/ national levels) were the different stakeholders can plan together ways forward to enhance their performance
- Coordinate with the different institutions and partners involved in the Colleges to ensure the sustainability of the changes To support the Academic management of the 5 NTCs
- Coordinate an initial assessment on the general academic management of the Colleges
- Based on the findings of the study, develop and implement a strategy to enhance academic management of the Colleges. especially in the following areas: reporting mechanism, academic staff and students administration, school practice, assessment and examination, academic resources, timetable assessment and examination, academic resources, timetable development, relation with the institutional environment
- Based on an evaluation of a software experimented in 2 colleges, propose a strategy to digitalise school management in the NTCs and other TIET institutions
To contribute to the support institutional development of the 5 NTCs
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the NTCs’ capacity development plan
- Contribute to the projects strategies to strengthen the Colleges‘ school management capacities in the area of ICT management, asset management, strategic management and internal communication
As a TIE team member
- Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of the Teacher Training Education Project
- Participate in the Results Based framework implemented in the NTCs (preparation of the reviews, support to the Committees for planning, budgeting and monitoring maintenance activities)
- Contribute to the capitalization of the project’s experience to help the TIET department and its partners to transfer them to the other TIET institutions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ENABEL Infrastructure Development Officer (School Management) must hold a Master’s Degree in Education or Public Administration or other relevant field related to institutional Development in the Education Sector. Additional qualification considered as an asset
- Seven years of experience in the education sector, preferably in institutional Development and/or Teacher Education.
- Experience in HR or Academic management in education institutions
- Proven relevant experience in coordinating various stakeholder
- Experience in contributing to the development of national policies or sector strategies
- Good communicator and team-player.
- Fluent in English speaking and writing.
- No objection to working overtime and undertaking field missions.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their hard copy applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) of 4 pages maximum and copies of relevant academic documents with names of at least 3 professional referees; their emails and telephone contacts to:
The Human Resource Officer;
Enabel in Uganda,
Plot 1B Lower Kololo Terrace P.O. Box 40131, Kampala.
Deadline: 20th July 2018
NB: Clearly indicate in your application Letter the position(s) you are interested in.