Earn 50m monthly as Statistician at United States Embassy / US Mission
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 50,500,012 /=
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Position Number: Kampala-2020-038
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Statistician provides a broad range of statistical support to physicians, epidemiologists, behavioral scientists, and health service researchers working with projects led by and organizations supported by CDC-Uganda. Support includes the application of appropriate statistical methods to the analysis of project data and the statistical investigation of issues related to research topics. Incumbent provides statistical expertise as well as advanced computer programming for research and projects conducted by CDC-Uganda or to which CDC-Uganda lends support.
The incumbent works with the Associate Director for Science (ADS) office to ensure that reports and scientific publications are consistent and compliant with the CDC human subjects operating procedures and federal regulations. The job holder provides leadership in data management to CDC Uganda, developing processes and methods to increase the efficiency of study related and routine program data sets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Statistician job opportunity should hold an undergraduate degree in Statistics and a Master’s degree in the field of Biostatistics, Medical Statistics, or Public Health. Required.
- At least three years of working experience in data management, programming and analysis position in the health field and in advanced analysis using either SPSS, SAS, STATA or any other statistical software is required.
- In-depth, comprehensive, and evolving knowledge of statistical and mathematical analysis techniques integrated with computer applications is required.
- Higher mathematical ability with a solid background in statistics and the calculus of probability is required.
- Knowledge of parametric and non-parametric techniques, along with categorical data analysis, and advanced statistical techniques are required.
- Possess excellent knowledge of multiple statistical software is required.
- The ability to assess the requirements of a project and determine the most efficient and timely statistical techniques is required. Computer skills including knowledge of statistical software is required, including SAS, STATA, EpiInfo, SPSS, and/or other statistical software packages . This may be tested.
- Language: English level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Writing/Reading is required. This may be tested.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 31st December 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE