Earn 6m monthly as WISH Project Manager at Handicap International
Job Title: WISH Project Manager
Organisation: Handicap International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Starting Salary: UGX 6,000,000 monthly gross
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Handicap International is outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
The WISH2ACTION Operational Model is a comprehensive and integrated approach to ensuring equitable access to family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), giving priority to the most underserved women and girls, young people under 20, very poor and marginalized populations (including people with disabilities, those displaced or affected by a humanitarian crisis, and people living in hard-to-reach areas).
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of HI Uganda Operational Coordinator and in direct coordination with HI International Project Management Unit and National Consortium Management Committee, the Project Manager will:
Ensure operational implementation of the project (project cycle management) and technical supervision
- Coordinate the implementation of the project following the different steps of the project cycle in close coordination with partners, national and local authorities;
- Implement directly activities falling under PM responsibilities;
- Support technically project implementation;
- Ensure appropriate monthly, quarterly, half-year and yearly planning of the project activities;
- Ensure project indicators follow and develop adapted tools to do so;
- Carry out support and follow-up missions in the zones of intervention;
- Identify implementation challenges and propose appropriate solutions / adjustments;
- Develop and timely submit internal and external project reports respecting donors requirements and quality standards;
- Pilot monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning processes related to the project;
- Facilitate cooperation and synergies with other HI teams (mutual planning and resources sharing);
- Ensure coordination between project team and technical unit through support requests and regular meetings according to the needs to ensure intervention quality;
- Pilot external evaluations processes and ensure recommendations implementation.
Ensure proper coordination with partners and other external stakeholders
- Regularly inform and exchange with national project lead on project level of implementation, challenges met and solutions proposed;
- Ensure respect of partnership agreement with national project lead;
- Represent the project towards external partners, local and national;
- Represent HI in the different coordination platforms;
- Contribute to partners’ capacity building according to identified needs and project activities.
Ensure administrative and financial management of the project
- Together with support services:
- Endorse budget holder responsibilities;
- Establish annual budgetary planning and monthly treasury forecasts;
- Ensure proper and regular follow-up of project’s expenses, analyse discrepancies, anticipate evolutions and propose budgetary adjustments;
- Ensure proper storage of project documentation;
- Ensure respect of internal and donors financial procedures (eligibility and flexibility rules);
- Support the financial manager in the development of financial reports;
- Ensure respect of procurement and service provision procedures (logistics).
Manage and support project team
- Ensure support and management of the project team ;
- Ensure development and evaluation of the individual objectives of the project team;
- Participate to the recruitment of the team members if needed, respecting HI human resources standards and procedures;
- Contribute to staffs capacity building through skills and knowledge transfer;
- Ensure appropriate flow and coordination of information between project team and other HI services;
- Ensure development and follow-up of individual action plans.
Ensure proper external Representation and Coordination in his field of expertise
- Within time and means constraints, and in coordination with Operations Coordinator:
- Support other project teams intervening in the PM fields of expertise on technical aspects (indicators development, training plans, proposal writing…)
- Participate to needs assessments in appropriate fields of expertise;
- Contribute to new project design and to programme strategic development reflexion.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for Handicap International WISH Project Manager job must possess an academic background within the fields of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights or Public Health at Masters Level
- Three years of professional experience in an NGO at managerial position
- At least 2 years of professional experience in project cycle management
- At least 2 years of professional experience in SRHR related fields
- Experience in consortia lead projects
- Experience in the fields of inclusion / accessibility of services / services to persons with disabilities
- Project cycle management and related tools and methodologies;
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation tools and systems;
- Knowledge of the Health Sector in Uganda
- Capacity building, training and coaching skills
- Perfect fluency in English: written and spoken and strong writing skills;
- Very familiar with MS
- SBCC tool development experience
- Proven managerial skills
- Proven representation experience;
- Ability to work under high pressure;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Good communication and networking skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join Handicap International are encouraged to send their updated CVs (3 pages max, including three professional references) with cover letters to HR Coordinator at email@example.com with the subject: Application for WISH Project Manager.
NB: Applicants from West Nile region are strongly encouraged to apply. Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 7th January 2019 by 5:00pm