Earn over 33,000 US Dollars as USEFM Assistant Community Liaison Office Coordinator at United States US Embassy / Mission
Organisation: United States US Embassy US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Grade: USD $33,685
Open to: U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
Vacancy Notice: Kampala 2020-032
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Assistant Community Liaison Office assists the CLO Coordinator in the day-to-day operations, development and management of post programs to maintain high morale in community members.
The Assistant CLO identifies needs within the post community and responds with effective programming, information resources and referrals. The incumbent works under the loose supervision of the CLO Coordinator and is expected to interact independently with CLO clientele and resources throughout Kampala.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy USEFM Assistant Community Liaison Office Coordinator job opportunity should hold a High school diploma
- At least three years of office or professional work experience
- Must have working knowledge of event planning and local recreational facilities.
- Familiarity with American social, cultural events, customs and practices are important.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and the Internet for research, and graphic programs such as Photoshop and Microsoft Publisher.
- Skills and Abilities: Applying excellent interpersonal relationship skills; establishing priorities and organizing a large amount of varied information; exercising tact in dealing with the public; and drafting correspondence in precise and correct English are required skills for this position. Must be able to obtain and hold a Top Security clearance.
- Language: English Level 3 (Good working knowledge, speaking, reading, and writing) is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th August 2020
The US Mission in Kampala provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.