Earn over 33m as Mail Room Clerk at United States US Embassy / Mission
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 33,183,122 /=
Open to: Current Employees of the Mission – All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or Declared Members of Household (MOHs) – All Agencies
Position Number: Kampala-2019-044
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Mailroom Clerk receives, dispatches, sorts, and distributes mail from multiple sources. The incumbent spends a large percentage of the time receiving, handling, x-raying, preparing, sorting mail, and serving customers at the Mailroom service window. The incumbent is supervised/rated by the Mailroom Supervisor and rated by the designated Information Management Specialist.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Mail Room Clerk job opportunity should have completed secondary school
- One (1) year of experience in mail handling, logistics, supply, or warehouse
- Extensive knowledge of mail handling procedures, office duplicating, and computers.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office applications is required. Level 1 typing – 20 w.p.m. is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Experience in running various office machines (Copier, paper cutter, folding machine, postage meter, and collator) is required.
- Good organizational, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, and be self-motivated.
- Language: English Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking /Reading/ Writing is required. Luganda Level II (limited knowledge)Speaking /Reading/ Writing is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 22nd November 2019
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE