East Africa Enterprise Support Coordinator NGO Jobs – Days for Girls International
Organization: Days for Girls International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Uganda Program Manager; Social Enterprise Program Manager
About US: Days for Girls International is an award-winning NGO that works to shatter stigma and limitations associated with menstruation for improved health, education, and livelihoods. Through our Education & Access to Menstrual Products Strategy, Days for Girls provides holistic menstrual health education curriculum and increases women and girls’ access to menstrual products. Through our Policy & Advocacy Strategy, Days for Girls educates and builds connections with national and international policymakers, coalitions, and organizations who can advance, accelerate and amplify the importance of menstrual health in improving education and livelihood outcomes for women and girls. To date, Days for Girls has reached more than 2.1 million women and girls in 144 countries on 6 continents with quality, sustainable menstrual care solutions, and health education.
Job Summary: The East Africa Enterprise Support Coordinator holds a key role in successful implementation of DfG’s Social Enterprise Program at the grassroots level. The Enterprise Support Coordinator makes monthly personal contact with registered DfG Social Entrepreneurs in the East Africa region. During this monthly personal connection, they assess programmatic and operational strengths and needs, as well as opportunities for future capacity building and support. During this monthly check in, the Enterprise Support Coordinator communicates relevant DfGI and country specific updates, provides training and policy reminders, and gathers information for monthly reports, while providing encouragement and suggestions for improvement. The Enterprise Support Coordinator will maintain accurate records of monthly check ins, and work closely with the Uganda Country Director and Uganda Program Manager to elevate needs and opportunities, which will inform ongoing program development and ensure overall program success, in line with DfG’s Theory of Change.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Enterprise Training and Support
- Build strong relationships and mutual trust with Enterprises in the region
- Assess programmatic and operational strengths and needs using a SCHOL (Successes, Challenges, Help needed, Opportunities, Learnings) framework, as well as opportunities for future capacity building and support
- Provides training (set up and refresher trainings) and policy reminders
- Communicates relevant DfGI and country specific updates
- Provides encouragement and suggestions for improvement
- Works with each Enterprise to facilitate a work plan and timeline to achieve and maintain DfG Gold Standard Certification
Supply Chain Support
- Check in with Enterprises monthly to assess inventory levels, current production capacity, and opportunities for future orders and material needs.
- As needed, provide training to Social Entrepreneurs regarding the process for placing material orders, timelines to follow to minimize delays or shortages, as well as price lists and any other relevant information to ensure their success.
- Elevate actionable information or needs to the Uganda Country Office.
- Assist as needed with coordinating the measurement, packaging, and shipment of materials from the Office to individual Enterprises.
Enterprise Monthly Reporting
- Conduct monthly check in calls with all East Africa Enterprises
- Ensure completion of monthly reports from all East Africa Enterprises
- Maintain and submit accurate records of monthly check ins
- Work closely with the Uganda Country Director, Uganda Program Manager, and DfGI Social Enterprise Program Manager to elevate needs and opportunities, which will inform ongoing program development and ensure overall program success, in line with DfG’s Theory of Change.
Coordinate Enterprise Kit Orders
- Maintain awareness of sewing quality, inventory levels, and production capacity of all Enterprises in the East Africa region.
- Oversee email requests for Kit orders from the DfGI Distribution Coordinator. Ensure timely and accurate responses to inquiries. Provide at least an acknowledgement, if not an answer, within 24-48 hours of receipt.
- Identify Enterprise that will fell DfGI Kit Order. Liaise between Distribution Coordinator and the Enterprise that will fll the order, coordinating all necessary logistics to ensure a successful distribution.
- Promote and maintain a spirit of equity, respect, transparency, and appreciation with colleagues, partners, and beneficiaries.
- Identify potential risks and implementation challenges and proactively seek solutions in collaboration with the Uganda Office Director, Uganda Program Manager, Enterprise Program Manager, and partners.
- Assistance with additional responsibilities related to effective support of the East Africa Enterprises.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The Enterprise Support Coordinator will possess the following experience and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively, establish and strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to teach and/or facilitate training among diverse populations.
- Ability to work inclusively and effectively with people across different cultures, backgrounds, education, and experience levels
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in G Suite applications (Gmail, Google Docs) and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Competency in project and/or relationship software like Salesforce or Trello preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally within the region as needed
- Experience working in enterprise development or financial inclusion projects
- Experience working and collaborating with others remotely.
- Track record of experience in successful project management.
- Experience working in the field of sexual reproductive health, menstrual health management, girls education, and/or women’s empowerment preferred.
- Ability to work, manage, and collaborate remotely
- Self-motivated, driven, and proactive
- Language proficency in English, and other local languages]
Experience & Personal Characteristics
- Strong ability to be self-motivated, take initiative and be flexible and adaptable. Work well in a dynamic environment
- A strong problem solver with a focus on operational efficiency
- Willingness to work flexible hours based on international time zones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly intercultural communication
- Highly organized and comfortable managing multiple projects and team members.
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Energetic, creative, and resourceful
- Love collaboration, as well as independence and can work well with remote team members and different cultures
- Strong sense of gratitude
- Detail-oriented and conscientious in carrying out responsibilities accurately to completion
- Possess a strong work ethic and operate with a high level of trustworthiness and integrity
- Demonstrated passion for the Days for Girls International mission and desire to make a difference on a global scale.
Time Commitment and Compensation: This contracting engagement requires a 60 hour per month time commitment at $300/month and coverage of approved work-related expenses such as travel within the East Africa Region. Expenses must be approved by the DfGI contract supervisor before they are incurred. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this contract: While performing the contracted responsibilities, the contractor may be asked to lift packages or supplies up to 15kg. Work Authorization: For this engagement, the candidate must be authorized to work in Uganda without sponsorship. Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Posting will remain open until the position is filled. How to Apply: Send your cover letter, CV, and a list of at least 3 references to email@example.com. Interviews scheduled on a rolling basis throughout the application cycle
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE