Education Advisor Belgian NGO Job Vacancies – VVOB – Education for Development
Organization: VVOB – Education for Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Gross monthly Salary Scale: From UGX 6,830,095 to 9,397,457 dependent on years of experience
VVOB – education for development, is a non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education. VVOB has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium) and is currently implementing education programmes in ten partner countries. VVOB became operational in Uganda in 2019.
From 1 June 2019 onwards, VVOB started implementing a new programme that focuses on improving the quality of Agricultural Education and Training in Uganda through strengthening the professional development of Uganda’s Agricultural Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) instructors and agricultural O-level teachers via pre-service training. This programme is implemented in partnership with the Department of Teacher and Instructor Education and Training (TIET); the Business, Technical, Vocational Education and Training (BTVET) Department of the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES); the National Teacher’s Colleges (NTCs) of Mubende and Unyama, and the National instructors’ College Abilonino (NICA)in Kole District.
Job Summary: The Education Advisor, together with other advisors is responsible for detecting professional development needs of the target groups of the programme and initiate capacity development processes and trajectories in cooperation with the strategic and operational partners. They provide technical advice, guidance and support to partners and are actively involved in planning, budgeting. implementing, monitoring and evaluating the programme.
The Education Advisor based in Gulu supports a multi-stakeholder capacity development process for pre-service training of instructors and secondary school teachers. S/he is furthermore responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relations with the partner institutions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Masters’ Degree in Education, Development Studies or related field, or equivalent through experience;
- Demonstrable experience with practical and innovative learning approaches;
- At least six years‘ working experience with the Ugandan education sector, preferably in agricultural BTVET / agricultural education;
- An in—depth understanding of:
- Systems and practices directed to the professional development of instructors and instructors’ educators;
- Systems and practices for aligning Agricultural Education and Training with the world of work
- Latest developments and research in the education sector in general and the BTVETI AET sector in particular:
- Demonstrable experience with capacity development processes in the context of educational institutions:
- Knowledge of and/or experience with equity land gender in education;
- Knowledge of and / or experience with all phases of Project Cycle Management (PCM) and the standard instruments used for PCM in the development sector
How to Apply:
All interested candidates Please send your application by email in Uganda@vvob.be
Your application should include
- In the subject line: Application: name position for which you apply
- Motivation letter(PDF, attached);
- CV, including 3 reference persons and email contacts (former and current employers only) (PDF, attached);
- Salary expectations(PDF, attached)
Shortlisted candidates are invited for a written test (home assignment), and selected candidates will be invited for interview. Reference checks will be made before a final offer.
Please note, applications submitted without motivation letter or CV attached will not be reviewed. Due to the volume of applications submitted, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st February 2020