Education Project Jobs – ECW Program Manager – Teach A Man To Fish UK
Organization: Teach A Man To Fish
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 4,000,000 gross salary per month + medical health insurance
Reports to: Country Manager
About Teach A Man To Fish:
Teach A Man To Fish is guided by a simple, all-encompassing mission: to empower young people with the skills they need to succeed, in school, work, and life. We focus on developing and emerging countries. This is done by supporting schools to set up educational and profitable school businesses that provide real-life hands-on training and experience for students. This empowers student entrepreneurs with critical workplace, entrepreneurship and life skills and mindsets so that they can leave school with the competencies to get a good job or run their own successful business. We are a small organization with a big reach – Since 2006, we’ve created over 300,000 student entrepreneurs and 18,000 enterprising teachers through our global programmes.
About ECW Project:
In 2020, Teach A Man To Fish is anticipating to work as part of the Education Cannot Wait (ECW) Consortium to implement School Enterprise Challenge for ECW schools. This project will introduce Teach A Man To Fish’s proven educational school-business programme into 60 primary schools in three settlements (Palabek, Bidi Bidi, Kyangwali) over the project enriching both teachers and learner skills-building. The program will further introduce a learner-centered approach for building children’s entrepreneurship and life skills in school where learners plan, set up and run a real school business. The Project will aim to strengthen preparedness to transitional pathways in post-primary education opportunities through enhanced developmental assets.
Job Summary: The ECW Program Manager will provide technical leadership, management and oversight for the Education Can’t Wait program in Uganda. The ECW Programme Manager is responsible for leading the planning, development, and delivery of the School Enterprise Challenge program in the said refugee settlements in line with agreed donor targets and work plan. The ECW Program Manager has overall responsibility for quality management and partnership development and stewarding within the Education Cannot Wait Consortium. He/she leads a diverse team to achieve his/her objectives and develops additional tools and, processes resources as necessary to achieve program outcome. This position will require 35% of travel time in the refugee settlements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively execute the ECW program according to the agreed project plan, budget and log frame whilst ensuring that regular quality assurance is conducted at the selected beneficiary schools
- Coordinate provision of high quality and, accurate quarterly reports to the donor within the agreed timeline.
- Provide final review and quality check before submission to the Country Manager.
- Lead on the internal review process with the ECW team.
- Coordinate with field team to ensure all trackers completed accurately and according to the agreed schedule.
- Review for quality and flag trackers periodically to the Country Manager.
- Provide analysis and implement mitigation measures in response to any identified targets off track.
- Manage, coach and empower 3 Field Officers based in the 3-refugee settlements. Capacity builds them and manage their performance.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the ECW program.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the ECW Field Officers on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the agreed standards.
- Ensure program hits targets as per log frame (briefly summarise key target).
- Budget holder for program budget, review all requisitions and annotate monthly BVAs. Ensure all the spending within the approved budget and work with the Finance team to ensure compliance with all TAMTF finance policies and ECW policies.
- Liaise with M&E to ensure M&E implemented to plan, ensure project learnings documented and disseminated, ensure project design improved in relation to learnings.
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Lead for the project, liaise with country safeguarding focal point and ECW safeguarding focal point, ensure highest levels of safeguarding and Child protection at schools, partners and within our team, report any issues as per TAMTF guidelines
- Regular travel to the field for monitoring and quality assurance of the ECW project
- Lead team to deliver all project activities, including sensitizations, training, monitoring, awards events.
- Work closely with the finance team to develop rigorous controls effectively manage and monitor the seed capital disbursement process.
Partnerships and Outreach: 20%
- Coordinate partnership development and stewarding. Manage key relationships directly. Represent Teach A Man To Fish at Education in Emergency Working (EiE) Group meetings, ECW consortium meetings, join the cash working group under EiE and other relevant external meetings.
- Building and sustaining smooth working relationships with Operational partners and other key stakeholders.
- Compliance with donor requirements and ensuring quality and timely project outputs and communication.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Teach A Man To Fish ECW Program Manager job placement should hold bachelor’s degrees in Education, Development, NGO management, Programme Management, Business Administration, Business or related fields
- Previous experience in design, implementation, and evaluation of Education programs. Experience managing an education program in refugee settings is a great asset.
- Conversant with government systems and structures especially the Ministry of Education and Sports, district local governments, and other line ministries, institutions, departments, and implementing agencies. Should be familiar with MoES Planning and policy formulation, implementation, budgeting, accountability mechanisms, Monitoring and evaluation processes, etc.
- At least 5 years’ experience in either an NGO, social enterprise or corporate setting, with progressive levels of management responsibility.
- Excellent coordination and organization skills. Able to work in a matrix environment and keep track of multiple priorities and adhere to deadlines
- At least 3 years’ program management experience preferably in a humanitarian context.
- Proven track record of delivering complex programs in line with targets, budget, and timeline.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing and donor compliance
- Line management experience of 2+ reports
- Proven track record of developing and stewarding partnerships with multiple stakeholders preferably in a refugee setting.
- No criminal record (to be evidenced by a letter of good conduct from Interpol)
- Program Management qualification
- Experience of gender mainstreaming gender equality and inclusion in development programming
- Experience working with education or child protection programs in a humanitarian context.
- Fluency in a local languages commonly used in target settlements like Kakwa, Aringa, Lugbara, Swahili, Luo or Runyakitara
NB: This position is contingent upon confirmation of ECW funding. We anticipate a large number of applications and as such only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a maximum of 4 paged CV and one-page cover letter (combined into a single PDF document). Please be sure to clearly show in your cover letter why you are interested in this job and what makes you the most suitable candidate. Please also include your salary history. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com with “Application: ECW Program Manager” in the title of the email
Deadline: Wednesday 5th February 2020.
NB: Do not attach academic documents at this point. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE