Engineering Careers – Project Manager at Duma Works
Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Duma Works
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. They are efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities. Duma Works is a recruiting platform that fuses traditional human-centered recruiting and an interactive digital process to simplify how growing businesses hire top talent on the African continent. Since 2012, hundreds of employers all over East Africa have used DUMA Works to save time and money when identifying qualified job candidates. They are recruiting for a valuable client, a high impact organization that seeks to build better future for rural families by creating for them a healthy living home.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage sales visits to approximately 1,500 potential customers
- Manage operations related to the building of at least 500 floors in Uganda;
- Manage a team of masons, sales people and others in selling and building the floors
- Conduct material tests and floor assessments to ensure that all floors built meet quality standards
- Manage the client’s relationship with partner organizations within Uganda;
- Work closely with universities in Uganda and the United States to coordinate an impact study;
- Work with an NGO in Uganda to coordinate the offering and distribution of loans.
Recruitment and Hiring:
- Recruit and hire a team of masons and sales people to conduct operations within Uganda;
- Oversee the training of this team in the skills necessary to carry out their jobs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably possess a Civil engineering or structural background
- At least two years of relevant work experience;
- Some understanding of budget/ financial management;
- Previous experience with fast-growing social ventures;
- Management skills, with some experience with impact evaluation and academic economics research will be an added advantage;
- Ability to speak Luganda
- Ability to manage teams;
- Excellent analytical skills, including excel modelling;
- Excellent people management skills;
- Strong understanding of accounting, budget management, and financial management;
- Hard working and gritty to push through challenges; thrives in a bootstrapped culture;
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments;
- Multitasking ability;
- Mature and poise under stress;
- Entrepreneurial attitude, creative problem solver, patient team-player with a sense of humour.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and detailed CVs via E-mail to: email@example.com with the subject line as “2843”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2843 Okedi Jonathan, +2567xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
N.B: You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
Deadline: 19th June 2017