Entry Level Accounts Assistant – Payables Job Vacancies – Bethany Children Hospital Luzira
Organisation: Bethany Children Hospital Luzira
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
Bethany Women’s and Family Hospital is committed to providing our patients with the safest, highest-quality, most-satisfying care possible. The safety of our patients and their newborns is our top priority.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant – Payables will manage suppliers, ensuring effective management of invoices, authorization of these invoices, timely and accurate disbursement of authorized payments. Timely and accurate reconciliation of statements and posting. You are also responsible for preparing a suppliers’ evaluation, IVF cash inventory, carry out inventory in pharmacy lab, general lab, scan etc. To be available for general finance duties from time to time e.g. leave cover, etc..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all supplier transactions are backed up by an LPO, quotation, delivery note, invoice and receipts; all attached to relevant documents.
- To ensure authorized requisitions for supplier payments by cheque or petty cash; based on dates agreed on payment plan from supervisor(s) and ensure timely and accurate follow up
- To forward authorized requisitions (based on suppliers’ outstanding balances and backed by payment plan) to Head of Finance or Accountant for final authorization of expenses. Please note that the payment plan must be based on close monitoring of creditors’ ledger e.g. Utility bills, to avoid late payment penalties.
- To ensure that a breakdown of remittances is regularly issued for all utility companies
- To ensure cheques are signed by authorized signatories and issue them according to supervisors’ instructions
- To follow up and ensure that allocations to suppliers have been made for all authorized requisitions in a timely manner
- To enter and post these transactions in the system ensuring transactions are posted into the right accounts. Stamp posted vouchers with the POSTED stamp.
- To ensure that monthly, accurate reconciliations of supplier balances are made of suppliers accounts /statements/balances
- To ensure that all invoices that are paid are stamped “PAIP” with corresponding accurate cheque details e.g. cheque number, amount, date etc.
- To ensure that all posted and paid invoices are filed in a chronological order in a clearly labeled file for easy retrieval
- Ensure cheque payment vouchers and stubs are fully completed at the time of making payment.
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably required within your skills mix and responsibilities
- Monthly Analysis of suppliers
- Monthly suppliers ‘reconciliation statements
- Bi annual Suppliers’ evaluation Sheet
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in finance or accounting from a recognized institution
- Professional course like CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage
- At least two years of experience in a similar field
- Computer knowledge especially MS Excel, MS Word, emailing
- Knowledge of finance computer packages/ software; preferably QuickBooks
- A high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to deal with and analyze large amounts of statistical, financial data
- Ability to process statistical information into reports
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to detect and prevent fraudulent transactions.
- High level of intuition to be able to solve complex problems quickly
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs, applications (including 3 work references two of which should be your supervisor and Head of department) to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Bethany Women and Family Hospital,
Plot 16, Kabalega Close, Luzira, Nakawa division, Kampala.
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 17th June, 2020