Entry Level Clinician NGO Job Placements – The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
REF: TS/HR/PMGT 08
Reports to: Medical Services Technical Lead
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease
Job Summary: The Clinician will provide medical care and health education to TASO clients and staff
- Clinical services that meet national, international and TASO standards received by clients and staff provided
- Drugs and other medical supplies administered appropriately to clients and staff
- Set Standards and procedures offered for clinical services adhered to
- ART facility I community activities managed and supported
- Necessary information to clients and staff provided
- Information during the planning and budgeting period provided
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and manage pain basing on the analgesic ladder
- Carry out proper investigation and take history of patients’ illnesses
- Screen and manage STIs / clinical sessions
- Carry out medical examinations and investigations
- Make follow up on patients attended to and appropriate referrals
- Prescribe drugs for the different diagnosis in a rational way
- Provide quality medical care with bias to palliative care
- Ensure that all medical registers are updated i.e., TB, ART, FP, EMTCT, PreP, VMMC etc.
- Monitor TB patients at the center and communities.
- Carry out hospital visits and home care
- Promote QI project in the department
- Follow standards and guidelines for ART delivery and support in the community
- Organize and mobilization of community members for HCT services
- Monitor and document adverse reaction
- Review sessions clinically and carry out phlebotomy samples for CD4 chemistry
- Conduct / attend case conferencing and CMEs
- Carry out HCT pre-test, post-test and HBHCT
- Manage STIs in key populations and follow them up to start on ART
- Provide information to clients aimed at reducing their vulnerability to AIDS and other HIV related diseases and infection through health education/ talks
- Conduct AIDS awareness and sensitization in communities and facility
- Write, submit abstracts and participate in conferences
- Attend monthly and quarterly meetings
- Participate in developing and implementing departmental work plans and budgets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health. Registration with Allied Health Professional Council is a MUST
- One (1) year experience in Clinical work
- HIV management Knowledge
- Ability to communicate medical facts to non-medical personnel
- Motorcycle riding is a Must. The applicant must attach a copy of a valid riding permit (Class A)
- Ability to speak the local dialects is desirable.
- Other Qualities/Attributes : Integrity, Emotional control, Confidentiality, Openness, Team player, Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Innovativeness.
How to Apply:
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents in one folder and forward online applications with the relevant credentials to the link below
Applications received online shall be considered
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, valid riding permit, testimonials and three referees, two of which should be professional referees including their telephone and email contacts.
N.B TASO staff and former staff must attach a signed recommendation letter from the respective Center Program Manager.
While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, on interviews
Deadline: 28th May 2020 at 11:59 pm