Entry Level Diploma Area Cashier NGO Jobs – ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development)
Job Title: Area Cashier
Organisation: ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development)
Duty Station: Moyo, Uganda
Reports to: Area Finance and Administration Officer
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non- political and non-confessional international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris, France. The organization’s vocation is to save lives, assist vulnerable populations and bring hope to those in need for a better future.
Job Summary: The Area Cashier will support the ACTED Moyo Office
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of Advance follow up and procedure compliance at Area Level
- Responsible for Excel Book entries according to ACTED Standard entry grid
- Responsible for cash flow level at Area Level
- Act as a bank agent at the Area Level (Withdraw and requests)
- Responsible for Cash Counts
- Responsible for payment execution at Area Level (according to ACTED payment procedures).
- Responsible of preparing payment vouchers for approval by Area Finance Officer and Coordination before payment is processed
- Responsible for 1st level of check of Area Voucher (monthly basis)
- Responsible for filing and photocopying all finance documents at the Area Level.
- Perform any other relevant duties.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ACTED Area Cashier job placement must hold a diploma in Business Administration-Accounting or Finance option
- Previous experience as a cashier or accountant (one year minimum)
- Extensive knowledge about NGO will be considered an asset
- Be a quick learner, Committed and attentive to details
- Good team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Excel is mandatory
- Previous experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the financial management of an organization;
- Good public relations with strong negotiation skills.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English and Madi is required
NB: Applicants should be natives or currently living in Moyo.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, three work related referees and daytime contacts to the Senior Community Development Officer or District Labour Officer, Moyo District, P.O. Box 1, Moyo. Uganda
Deadline: 16th August 2017 by 5:00pm