Entry Level Driver NGO Jobs – World Vision International
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Ever greening Landscape Coordinator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The incumbent will drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the World Vision vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with World Vision policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive World Vision vehicles/authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle usage policy.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with World Vision policies.
- Check the vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure e.t.c prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, e.t.c in line with World Vision policy. Maintain the hygiene of the vehicle
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle policies.
- Monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Record and maintain a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Dress professionally and in accordance with company’s dress code.
- Prepare and submit vehicle monthly reports in line with the World Vision Vehicle Policy.
- The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the traffic regulatory authority.
- Observe and maintain the regular working hours and at all-time park the vehicle at the designated parking area.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Driver job must hold an O’ level certificate and above
- Holds a valid driving permit.
- At least three years of driving experience.
- Mechanical Knowledge is required
- First Aid skills are required
- NGO back ground and in Emergency response is vital
- Ability to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency.
- A working knowledge of fax machine, photocopier, computer and telephone preferred.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge on safe road use is needed
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae. Apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 31st May 2020