Entry Level Finance Assistant NGO Job Opportunities – Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager – Project Support
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant will provide financial and administrative support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance and accounting;
- Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request
- Prepare monthly cash counts
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
- Cash Box counting according to the financial handbook
- Transferring payments when needed and follows up with partners’ reports
- Follows a given work plan
- Routine record keeping
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners
- Support financial report preparations
- Submit progress and status reports”
- Adhere to DRC Code of Conduct and DRC specific procurement procedures within the Supply Chain department
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Finance Assistant job must hold a Diploma or equivalent professional qualification in Business Administration, Accounting, Financing, Commerce.
- CPA, ACCA certification is considered an asset
- One year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Experience with carrying out admin tasks
- Good communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
- NGO experience
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Languages: Excellent communication skills in English is required. Fluency in English and other local languages in the area of implementations an advantage
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience please submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
Deadline: 13th July 2020