Entry Level Human Resource Administrator NGO Jobs – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Organisation: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Duty Station: Field-based, Uganda
Reports to: Research and Innovations Officer
Windle International Uganda (WIU) is an International Non-Governmental Organization managing Education programmes in refugee settlements in Uganda. WIU is the lead agency for education in 9 out of the 12 settlements, although we operate in all 12 settlements including Kampala. We work in close collaboration with Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Administrator will be responsible for the general administration, procurement and logistics, HR related issues, leave management, policy implementation, performance monitoring and evaluation and motivation of staff at the settlement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment: Prepare job adverts based on approved budgets, scheduling and coordinating interviews with Managers including conducting candidate reference checks Monthly payroll management and staff verification
- Staff Management: Work closely with head office to conduct staff orientation, coordinate staff inductions, transfers, exits, long term leaves, etc.
- Prepare start up packs (Insurance, IDs) for new employees Coordinate periodic staff appraisals.
- Providing general administrative and human resources support to the Field Office
- Leave Management: Keep track of annual, compassionate, maternity, paternity and sick leaves for staff; Coordinate staff coverage for leave and other absence
- Maintain the security, safety & welfare of the staff, assets and equipment at settlement level
- Staff discipline: Advise settlement management on handling staff discipline in line with statutory guidance and the approved WIU policies and procedures
- Keep record of staff training and development programs undertaken
- Logistics Management: Manage proper usage of settlement fleet and prepare monthly fleet fuel reports and accountability when required
- Assist Management with any other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle International Uganda Human Resource Administrator job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource, Social Sciences, Industrial and Organizational Psychology or any other related field.
- Added advantage training on; strategic planning, people management, participatory methodology, records management, Labor law
- At least two to three years of previous HR exposure with reputable organizations Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, as you will be privy to sensitive information
- Ability to deal with challenging people and situations Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently with conflicting priorities
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas (refugee settlement)
- Good record management skills
- Report Writing
- Team work and team building skills
- High level of confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted through the online link below.
Deadline: 20th February 2023 by 05:00PM.
- Applicants must have no history of violation of children’s rights or of Child abuse and sexual exploitation of any kind
- Windle International Uganda is an equal opportunity and a corruption intolerant employer. Women and persons with disability who meet the job requirements are encouraged to apply.
- No fee is charged at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications will be assessed strictly on individual merit
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will be disqualified and blacklisted.
- Whereas we actively welcome all applications; however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda