Entry Level Human Resource Administrator UNHCR Project Jobs – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Job Title: Human Resource Administrator
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Settlement Manager (Administrative Supervisor)
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Administrator will develop, monitor, maintain and implement human resource management policies, systems, structures and processes in line with WIU frameworks, organisation’s objectives and mission. The Human Resources Administrator will be responsible for the general administration, procurement and logistics, HR related issues, leave management, policy implementation, performance monitoring and evaluation and motivation of staff at the settlement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Providing general administrative and Human Resources support to the Settlement
- Leave Management: Keep track of annual, compassionate, maternity, paternity and sick leaves for staff
- Managing the Staff welfare function for the Field teams; including receipt and distribution of dry rations, meals management, insurance cover for staff, accommodation management, etc.
- Taking up Teachers’ as well as that of Field Staff disciplinary issues with the direction of the Settlement Manager and the Human Resource Manager in line with the relevant Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Managing and coordinating the Performance Management Function as well as performance related activities at Settlement level in line with the relevant procedures and tools in place
Recruitment and Selection:
- Advertising vacant roles to the Public as authorized
- Screening and shortlisting resumes and applications received from applicants
- Scheduling and conducting interviews with Managers
- Conducting candidate reference checks
- Prepare starter packs (Employee Manual, benefits package, insurance, business cards, name tag ) for new employees
- Work closely with head office for new staff, transfers, departures, maternity leaves, etc.
- Conduct orientation for new hires
Safety, Assets Management and Administration:
- Maintain the security, safety & welfare of the staff, assets and equipment at settlement level
- Special events and projects
- Support the Procurement Process at Field Level
- Prepare periodic Fuel Accountability reports and monitor fuel usage through supervision of the Field Drivers
- Assist Settlement Managers with other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle International Uganda (WIU) Human Resource Administrator job opportunity must hold a post-secondary qualification in Human Resources with post graduate in a relevant field
- At least two to three years of previous HR exposure with reputable organizations, most preferably NGO or INGO
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, as you will be privy to sensitive information
- Ability to deal with challenging people and situations
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently with conflicting priorities
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas (refugees’ settlement)
- Added advantage training on; strategic planning, people management, participatory methodology, records management, labor law
- Training in administrative law course
- Good record management skills
- Report Writing
- Analytical skills
- Team work and team building skills
- High level of confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, 2 years’ salary history, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including telephone, email contacts and details of at least three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda,
P.O Box 24230 Kampala, Uganda
Applications must be hand delivered to The Windle House, Plot 726 Nagawa Close, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Kamwokya.
Deadline: 10th January, 2019 by 5pm
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females, minority groups and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.