Entry Level Regional Referral Medical Officer NGO Jobs – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Funding Source: Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Clinical Care Coordinator
Vacancy Code: RMO X013
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to “Strengthen Health Systems in Africa with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases through Research and Capacity Development”. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening Programmes.
With funding from Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR, and in partnership with MoH and respective District Local Governments, IDI is implementing comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in the West Nile region of Uganda under the project “Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in West-Nile Region of Uganda under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), 2020-2025”. The project supports the 12 districts of; Arua, Maracha, Madi-Okollo, Terego, Koboko, Yumbe, Moyo, Obongi, Adjumani, Pakwach, Nebbi and Zombo.
Job Summary: The Regional Referral Medical Officer will provide HIV/AIDS Clinical care services to clients and contribute to continuous professional development in line with Good clinical practices
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct clinical assessment and evaluation of health of clients and give proper patient centered care and treatment in line with Good clinical practices
- Provide appropriate advice, health education and counselling to patients and their caregivers in line with Good clinical practices
- Monitor the implementation of comprehensive HIV care package.
- Conduct pharmacovigilance procedures and monitor disease progression while providing appropriate management
- Develop patient management plans for HIV/TB Clients as per the client’s T.B status
- Support Quality improvement activities and monitor the implementation of the QI projects in line with MoH guidelines.
- Prepare and present periodic findings regarding clinical care audits and assessments, critical cases to promote continuous professional development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution
- Active registration with Medical and Dental Practitioners’ Council
- At least two years of experience in clinic or hospital-based services.
- Training and experience in HIV/AIDS and ART management is essential.
- Must be a team player in a dynamic work environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV (Not more than 4pages) and certificates are attached as one PDF document.
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
- Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 4th October 2020