Entry Level Risk Analyst – Financial Risk Job Opportunities – Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Organization: Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Risk Manager
Finance Trust Bank (FTB) was licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank on 11th November, 2013, taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Today Finance Trust Bank is a fully fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 400,000 depositors and over 23,000 borrowers, through a network of 35 branches country wide. The bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The Risk Analyst – Financial Risk will be analyzing, monitoring and reporting on the status of the internal control processes of the Bank and ensuring that the Bank is identifying and managing potential and existing credit and market risks in a timely and appropriate manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bank-wide analysis of the Key Risk Indicators for credit and market risk.
- Monitor the bank’s credit portfolio to ensure an appropriate level of concentration per sector, product, gender, geography, large exposures and insider lending.
- Carry out credit and market stress tests and identify mitigations to minimize risks in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the soundness of credit approval decisions (including counterparty) through review of both funded and non-funded facilities to establish authenticity & completeness of credit proposal documents in line with bank’s underwriting standards.
- Monitor, analyze and report credit and market risk trends to facilitate development of appropriate mitigation measures.
- Analyze the Bank’s market and credit portfolios to assess the value at risk measurement as per the risk management framework.
- Continuous review and Analysis of the Net Open Positions to ensure that the institution remains compliant with the internal and regulatory limits.
- Review and analyze daily deal summary reports for timely remediation strategies.
- Implement, monitor and report breaches, if any in the counterparty limits and dealer mandates.
- Review and recommend the FX Exposure, trading and counterparty limits for Board Approval from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Finance Trust Bank (FTB) Risk Analyst – Financial Risk job placement must hold a Second class upper Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Mathematics or any related field from a recognized university.
- At least one year of work experience in Microfinance and commercial Banking business environment.
- Certification in Risk Management is an added advantage.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze, summarize and present data/results.
- Proficiency in Ms. Excel to maintain, improve and develop reporting tools.
- The ideal candidate is curious, detail-oriented, self-starter and communicates easily and openly.
- Strong work ethic and commitment.
- Experience as a Credit Officer will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Good personal presentation skills.
- Business analysis skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Flexibility to travel upcountry.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it, as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Deadline: 10th February 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY. Please note: As per Bank procedures, no job offers are made online.