Environmental Investment Fund of Namibia Bursaries 2018 – 2019
Training, Research and Education
The EIF has an important role to play in ensuring that there is general awareness on environmental issues and their impacts on livelihoods in Namibia. The Fund will seek to partner with existing stakeholders to contribute in the areas of:
- Environmental research,
- Bursaries and scholarships,
- General environmental awareness and Educational tours.
The EIF has established a Bursary and Research Assistance facility that provides financial assistance opportunities to deserving and qualifying Namibians to pursue relevant career options, thereby assisting in the development of an effective, efficient and competent national workforce to fulfil the sustainable development needs of the country.
The EIF will consider two categories, namely:
- Bursaries to selected candidates wishing to study towards or students who are already registered for an undergraduate qualification or an honour’s degree qualification within the targeted areas of sustainable development.
- Financial assistance for postgraduate students to conduct research in the partial fulfilment of a Master’s and/or PhD level programme that could make significant scientific contributions to sustainable development in Namibia.
The EIF provides bursaries through grants to deserving and qualifying Namibians wishing to undertake or students who are already registered for an undergraduate qualification or an honour’s degree qualification that has the potential to contribute towards attainment of sustainable development needs of the country.
Eligibility for undergraduate or honour’s degree bursaries
- Applicants who are already registered for or intend to pursue studies towards a first Diploma, or a first Degree or and Honour’s Degree at a recognized institution of higher education.
- Applicants must either be enrolled at, or have proof of provisional acceptance, or proof of final acceptance at an institution of higher learning at the time of applying for a bursary.
- Applicants must be Namibian citizens with a Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- Applicants must be studying or planning to study full-time towards such a qualification. The bursaries do not apply to part time studies.
- The Fund reserves the right to consider socio-economic situations such as general affirmative action such as orphans, children whose parents are unemployed, children of pensioners and children with disabilities.
Preferred fields of study
The Fund’s bursary and research assistance facility covers the following fields of study: Environmental Law; Environmental Engineering; Climate Change and the Oceans; Biodiversity Conservation; Marine Biology; Sustainable Agriculture; Biotechnology; Ecology; Natural Resource Economics; Environmental Chemistry; Built Engineering; Conservation Law and Conservation Management; Architecture, specialising in the use and application of green technology. With the relevant motivation, other related fields of study may also be considered.
Download application forms here: