Environmental, Social and Governance Officer Job Careers – DFCU Bank
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager- Credit Support and Monitoring
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Manager- Credit Support and Monitoring, the role holder will be responsible for developing and overseeing ESG policies and procedures, as well as coordinating the implementation of these across the organisation. The ESG team is also responsible for ensuring that the review and appraisal of dfcu clients and projects/transactions for compliance with the Bank’s ESG requirements is conducted appropriately.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Environmental, Social and Governance Officer job must hold a University Degree in Environmental Management, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Law, Industrial Engineering, or a relevant field.
- Experience working with private sector firms across industry sectors (including infrastructure, agribusiness, and/or manufacturing) to identify environmental/social risk and issues and develop mitigation measures to ensure compliance with good international industry practice is of added advantage.
- Good interpretation and decision-making ability.
- Ability to manage complex and multifaceted stakeholders.
- Effective communicator and influencer.
- Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent understanding of the banking act and prudential guidelines.
- Good knowledge of Banking products and evolving Credit Risk Management systems.
- Good understanding of legal risks and laws applicable to Banking and Finance relating to lending and credits documentation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send applications with detailed CV’s including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O and A level) to the email address indicated below; Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 26th October 2020
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.