Executive Assistant to the CEO Job Placement – DFCU Bank
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant to the CEO will provide high level one to one personal, business, strategic, technical, and administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer to optimize the effectiveness of the Chief Executive Officer in his role. The Executive Assistant will also lead, drive the performance and actively manage the Chief Executive Officer’s office. The role holder will also act as a custodian of highly sensitive and confidential information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the development, implementation and periodic review and refinement of strategy.
- Carry out forecasting and financial modelling to enable the translation of business strategy to financial performance.
- Monitor and prepare periodic progress reports on the bank wide performance against strategic plans.
- Prepare periodic /scheduled and exceptional reports to the board, management and stakeholders as required by the CEO.
- Identify institutional development programs and collaborate with partners in the identified areas of mutual interest.
- Carry out research on the industry and the operating environment to address emerging trends and issues that impact the Bank’s direction and performance.
- Follow up and keep track of the Executive Committee (EXCO) scorecard.
- Organize regular performance appraisals for the CEO’s direct reports.
- Participate in the budget preparation process to ensure alignment with strategy and the overall objectives of the Bank.
- Support the review and development of business policy and processes in conjunction with the respective Heads of Departments and the Business process owners.
- Communicate messages on behalf of the CEO, choosing the most appropriate delivery method & media in liaison with the Bank’s Communications Function.
- Liaise with the respective Heads of Department to organize regular branch, departmental, and quarterly town hall meetings for the CEO and accompany him to these visits when required, recording feedback for wider communication and follow up actions.
- Liaise with the CEO to identify and deliver in simple format critical business management information across the key areas; shareholders, customers, community & employees.
- Take minutes for all executive meetings and follow up on the agreed / required action points from EXCO and other committees as required by the CEO.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Executive Assistant to the CEO job placement must hold a University degree in business or numerical bias degree or equivalent. A relevant post graduate qualification or professional qualification in Accounting is an added advantage.
- At least seven years work experience preferably in a financial service industry, of which 2 years should be in Research, Business and/or Financial analysis
- Ability to identify business opportunities from market intelligence
- Ability to analyse business opportunities and make value-adding recommendations
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail and follow through skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision to meet deadlines
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Should be self-driven and goal oriented
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 3rd January 2019
NB: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020