Executive Director Job Career – Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Organization: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Board of Directors
Dairy Development Authority is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. Its mandate is to develop and regulate the sector. It is established under the Dairy Industry Act, 1998 and its objectives are to provide proper coordination and efficient implementation of all Government policies which are designed to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency in the production of milk in Uganda by promoting production and competition in the dairy industry and monitoring the market for milk and dairy products.
In order to effectively fulfill the mandate, the Authority is seeking applications from qualified persons who are accomplished to take up the under-listed positions:
Job Summary: The Executive Director will ensure efficient and effective coordination of operations, functions and activities of Dairy Development Authority with regard to the development, promotion and regulation of the dairy industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is an ex-officio member of the DDA Board of Directors
- Is the Accounting Officer of the Authority
- Has the custody of the seal of the Authority
- In- charge of day to day operations of the Authority
- Management of funds, property and business of the Authority and for the administration, organization and control of the staff of the Authority
- Plan, organize, motivate and control the activities of the Authority, to ensure that the objectives are achieved,
- Ensure that policies related to the Dairy Industry are adhered to and implemented,
- Act as arbitrator in any conflict between Dairy companies and Processors,
- Ensure that proper liaison is maintained between the Authority and other bodies in the Industry and Government,
- From time to time, in writing, keep the Board informed of the progress of the business of the Authority,
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the Board of the Directors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine or Honor’s degree in Food Science and Technology or Honor’s degree in Animal Production, Technology and Management and any other Honor’s relevant degree from a recognised University.
- Master’s in Business Administration is a must.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage
- Post Graduate Qualification in Procurement is an added advantage.
- At least 10 (ten) years of working experience is a must of which five (5) years are in a managerial position from a reputable organisation.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their applications, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of certified academic credentials and three referees to the address below.
Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala
Tel: 0414-343883 / 0414-343901/2
Kindly Note: For those sending the applications online, please merge all your document into one file, not exceeding 3mbs
Deadline: 28th February 2020 at 5:00pm