Finance & Admin Officer US Non-profit Jobs – Food for the Hungry (FH)
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Area Manager
Food for the Hungry (FH) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH’s primary goal is to respond to development needs and complex humanitarian emergencies. FH is currently operating programs in more than 26 countries and has national offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Korea, United States of America and Japan. In Uganda, FH is operational in the communities of Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Agago, Kole, Kween, Mbale, and Mukono Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located it Kampala.
Job Summary: The Finance & Admin Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Cluster finance operations including preparing periodic financial reports, reconcile accounting information, review major payments and invoices for consistence with organizational procedures and established accounting formats, support project level procurement and performs administrative duties of the cluster. Additionally, this position supervises the Cashier/ Stores, Guards, Office Attendants, Driver at Cluster/ Field level. The position holder reports to the PAM, with dotted lines to the Senior Accountant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cash management
- Finance Management
- Staff Supervision and Administration
- Internal control, Fixed asset and Inventory management
- Safety and compliance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Food for the Hungry (FH) Finance & Admin Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related discipline from a recognized university or institution.
- Having completed ACCA/CPA level II is added advantage / pursuing professional qualifications
- At least three years of extensive experience in financial management and co-ordination preferably within an international NGO environment
- Having an auditing background is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Internet and accounting systems specifically Sun System.
Start Date: October 2019
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by mentioning the position applied for in the subject line and submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Food for the Hungry Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th August 2019