Finance Analyst NGO Job Vacancies – Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Contract: 1-year Consultancy Contract Start: 1st June 2021
About US: Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 13 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, and FCA’s operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Job Summary: FCA Investments is looking for a Finance Analyst with a strong accounting background from the productive sectors of the economy. We are an impact investor specialising in developing countries and fragile states. We are huge on impact, passionate about innovation and believe properly structured Investments in SME’s are key to unleashing the potential Uganda’s economy. The position is essential in enabling us provide targeted accounting and Financial Management support to our Investees. It involves long hours across multiple industries and requires tenacity and excellent Knowledge of accounting, taxation and investment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial Analysis and reporting; Telling the story behind the numbers
- Reviewing Investee Financial Management Systems and recommending improvements and Fixes to identified shortcomings.
- Training of accounting staff on FCAI’s recommended accounting platforms and ensuring that the systems are in an up-to-date state.
- Developing costing models for in-house determination or related margins and pricing decisions.
- Preparation of financial, management and statutory reports for both in-house and year-end tax purposes
- Any other related responsibilities as may be required / assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Finn Church Aid (FCA) Finance Analyst job placement must hold a basic degree in Accounting. A master’s degree or a Full CPA are an added advantage.
- Three years of experience in the productive sector with a related job description.
- Expat Knowledge in using QuickBooks and Excel.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with numbers and understand a broad range of common financial matters.
- Ability to work irregular hours and travel on short notice.
How to Apply: All candidates should send an updated CV and cover letter to Recruitment@fcainvestments.fi to let us know why we should hire you. Include referees and share any supporting documents relevant to the CV. Please indicate the positon title the subject of the email. Deadline: 3rd May 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE